The Undo function

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Libraquaricorn

08 Oct 2018

I have some problems with the undo function. In my understanding it is purely linear: You do one thing, and then you do another. If you want to undo the first thing you have to undo the second thing first as well, even if you do not want to do that... It's pretty frustrating. It really becomes a problem when I use the quantize function. Often I end up wanting to undo the quantization I have done at a later time, but the undo might not go that many steps back and I have to do another take instead, even if I was happy with the take I had....grrrr! I wish undo was parallel, at least for quantization. I also wish we had a way to quantize with adjustments to the notes so they would not overlap after quantization. Is there a way to deal with these issues that I have missed, or should I just forward these points to the wishlist for future Reason updates?

Tweak

08 Oct 2018

I absolutely hear you.

There's a few undo related functions that would make life much easier. For example, I'd personally like a listed history for undos, where each action taken is written and can be seen as part of a list. From this you should be able to use this to return to a previous state by clicking on an item in the list once, rather than feeding your RSI using CTRL-Z.

• Information