ID8? Well I'm surprised.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2018

Reason User since way back. Never looked at ID8...I knoooow!!! Today, well as the title says, I'm surprised. Totally ok. That's it really. New stuff. I'm happy :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

06 Oct 2018

Yeah it's pretty great. For many others, it's their goto piano.

And I think it would be a great candidate for a device inside Reason Compact, since it would give users a little bit of everything with a simple interface. It works well for writing sketches in Reason (and even leaving within finished songs), so it would certainly make sense as a tool for sketching inside a mobile version of Reason.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
06 Oct 2018
Yeah it's pretty great. For many others, it's their goto piano.

And I think it would be a great candidate for a device inside Reason Compact, since it would give users a little bit of everything with a simple interface. It works well for writing sketches in Reason (and even leaving within finished songs), so it would certainly make sense as a tool for sketching inside a mobile version of Reason.
I honestly probably wouldn’t have bought Radical Piano when it was released if I’d known.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2018

Yep ID8 can be surprisingly useful. I remember using it in this track. The ID8 was used for the electric piano and also the bass (low pass filtered though, but you can still hear the acoustic bass character). The rest is Antidote :D

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13152760

calebbrennan

07 Oct 2018

Yes the ID eight is great for a lot of reasons I found a high hat in there that I use on several songs it's very thin crisp but still sounds real and I couldn't find anything like it in this other stock sounds

Ahornberg

08 Oct 2018

It reminds me on my first sound module, the Roland MT-32.

Libraquaricorn

08 Oct 2018

I did a little jam session using only the ID8 a while back. I improvised every track in this song in one take, track by track, and I think I at least proved the ID8 capable of sounding like a full - and in this case very low budget - orchestra on it's own. :mrgreen:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
08 Oct 2018
I did a little jam session using only the ID8 a while back. I improvised every track in this song in one take, track by track, and I think I at least proved the ID8 capable of sounding like a full - and in this case very low budget - orchestra on it's own. :mrgreen:

When i saw the Old Spice bottles I liked it immediately:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

C//AZM

08 Oct 2018

Back in the early 90s I was working with a big name Detroit producer on a song for ... probably one of the big R&B ladies of the era... anyway, we had all the latest keyboards and samplers... Akai E3, all the best Korg, Roland, and Yamaha boards and modules plus the very new Nord Lead... things were going great but we needed a decent stereo markato string sound. I remember bringing up the EMU Proteus so we could use it as a placeholder until the E3 or something else could be freed of their current task... we ended up keeping the Proteus! It was the little Rom player that just was so useful all the time, even when layering with other sounds, that thing was the swiss army knife of useful sounds.

That's how I see the ID8, it often ends us remaining having not been replaced OR it gets layered with other sounds... It would've made a fortune as a module back in the 90s.

• Information