Bizarre MIDI Import Bug

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NekujaK

04 Oct 2018

I exported a 4-bar MIDI sequence out of Reaper, but when I import it into Reason, only the first bar appears. Expanding the MIDI clip on the timeline doesn't help - the clip is empty except for the first bar. But if I import it back into Reaper, all 4 bars are present. What gives!? :evil:

I tried different export options in Reaper, but the result is always the same - only the first bar appears in Reason. The only way I was able to get the entire clip transferred into Reason was to export it one bar at a time, which is mildly inconvenient with 4 bars, but imagine having to do that for an entire song!

Has anyone encountered this before? Any solutions? :?:

I'm on Win 7 - Reason 10.1 and latest version of Reaper.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2018

I'm guessing it is a setting in Reaper that you need to fix.
NekujaK wrote:I exported a 4-bar MIDI sequence out of Reaper, but when I import it into Reason, only the first bar appears. Expanding the MIDI clip on the timeline doesn't help - the clip is empty except for the first bar. But if I import it back into Reaper, all 4 bars are present. What gives!? :evil:

I tried different export options in Reaper, but the result is always the same - only the first bar appears in Reason. The only way I was able to get the entire clip transferred into Reason was to export it one bar at a time, which is mildly inconvenient with 4 bars, but imagine having to do that for an entire song!

Has anyone encountered this before? Any solutions? :?:

I'm on Win 7 - Reason 10.1 and latest version of Reaper.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

kenchiltk

08 Oct 2018

Funny cause I was just going to post something similar...

I'm using a lot of advanced hihat patterns for my drums, so to make this easier when creating new drum clips i save hihat clips as midi (so i can reuse where ever later if needed) as 1 bar, or half bar with various hihat patterns and a lot of time spendt on velocity, note lengths and various cc events, this way i could later drag these clips in to reassemble advanced midi mappings in a full length clip.

All this is done from Reason via export as midi.

However, even though I know and have doublechecked, resaved etc.. that I saved a midi clip as say 1 bar, when I drag it in again later it in some other project it comes in as 4 bars, or 2 bars with the first bar empty or some other randomness, some clips i saved as 4 bars and when i drag these in later they come in a 4 bars with the first bar empty like the whole note data has been moved 1 bar forward?? and lots of other strange lengts and note placements in the midi clip that I know 100% wasn't saved this way.

Any way to fix this so when I save a midi clip and later drag it in to reuse it, I get the same clip as was saved and not some random length and start of notes?

Here's an example:

Original clip as saved:
midi clip original.jpg
midi clip original.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Later dragged into another project:

midi clip bugged.jpg
midi clip bugged.jpg (29.84 KiB) Viewed 315 times

• Information