MIDI Keyboard off by one semitone

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EternityCubed

01 Oct 2018

I am using Reason 9 and have run into an issue with my M-Audio Keystudio Keyboard. Somehow, it has become transposed by one semitone.

So if I press the C key on the keyboard, I get the same note as if I click the C# key in a sequencer track. Just by listening I cannot say which one is the right one (tone deaf? :D ), but I assume that the most likely would be the MIDI keyboard is off, because all on-screen sources (different rack synths etc.) are in agreement, while the MIDI seems to be one semitone lower.

Tried a reboot, deleting and re-adding the control surface. I have also been looking around Reason options and settings and done some googling without finding any explanation for this. Maybe the answer is too obvious so no one has bothered writing about it... :?

Cheers

PhillipOrdonez

01 Oct 2018

Have you tried changing the program on your controller? They tend to come with a few mapping programs for different daws. If you are in the correct one, try just switching them about. Usually that helps, either that or just switching the controller off and back on.

illc75243

01 Oct 2018

Hold down + and - octave buttons until the display starts to blink. Now press + or - to transpose by key. You can play to hear the effect as you transpose. Leave it for a while and it stops blinking and octave buttons will operate as normal again.

michael.jaye

01 Oct 2018

Also check that your pitch wheel isn't faulty. If the spring in there is worn and not as strong, it won't bring the pitch back to 0.
I had this problem with my M-Audio Axiom 49. I disabled the pitch wheel (easy), but by doing that it disables the mod wheel as wheel.

EternityCubed

04 Oct 2018

Thank you so much for the help!

• Information