Note Repeat Question Using RPG8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

30 Sep 2018

Does anyone know if it's possible to get each note in the grid when using the rpg8 instead of one long midi note? Just asking. Otherwise I'll continue drawing them in.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

PhillipOrdonez

30 Sep 2018

Not sure what you mean. You input long notes (usually doe chords) and they get arpeggiated. Once you are happy with your settings, it is possible to send the arpeggiated midi data to your device lane, where all the individual notes will appear. Is that what you need?

mreese80

01 Oct 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Sep 2018
Not sure what you mean. You input long notes (usually doe chords) and they get arpeggiated. Once you are happy with your settings, it is possible to send the arpeggiated midi data to your device lane, where all the individual notes will appear. Is that what you need?
I always have a funny way of asking questions. You know how with the new drum sequencer...you get each individual midi note in the sequencer lane. with the rpg8...when used as a rote repeat device...you just get one draw out note when you hold down a pad/key. 1/8 1/16 1/32 all one note. Was just wondering if it's possible to get every midi note. I was told i could use note echo to achieve what im talking about but how can i use this in a combinator {note repeat device) ??
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

QVprod

01 Oct 2018

Notes to track is a feature for player devices. Why not just use Dual Arpeggio instead? You can record the individual midi notes in real time if you want while changing the arp rate, as well as recording the one long note and automating later with the option of sending the notes to track.

mreese80

02 Oct 2018

QVprod wrote:
01 Oct 2018
Notes to track is a feature for player devices. Why not just use Dual Arpeggio instead? You can record the individual midi notes in real time if you want while changing the arp rate, as well as recording the one long note and automating later with the option of sending the notes to track.

I'm gonna try this right now. It seems like you get what i'm trying to say lol

mreese80

02 Oct 2018

QVprod wrote:
01 Oct 2018
That device worked.

PhillipOrdonez

02 Oct 2018

mreese80 wrote:
01 Oct 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Sep 2018
I always have a funny way of asking questions. You know how with the new drum sequencer...you get each individual midi note in the sequencer lane. with the rpg8...when used as a rote repeat device...you just get one draw out note when you hold down a pad/key. 1/8 1/16 1/32 all one note. Was just wondering if it's possible to get every midi note. I was told i could use note echo to achieve what im talking about but how can i use this in a combinator {note repeat device) ??
Now i get it! I see you found a way to do it. You could probably do it as well using the matrix plugged into a CV tap player and sending notes to track that way as well!

Cheers

mreese80

03 Oct 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 Oct 2018
mreese80 wrote:
01 Oct 2018

Now i get it! I see you found a way to do it. You could probably do it as well using the matrix plugged into a CV tap player and sending notes to track that way as well!

Cheers

Are you the one who mentioned this to me? If so thanks. I have no need for the matrix. this works fine. But if the matrix sends each individual note to a track than i'll need to really look at the old tutorials again. The old ways always did the note repeat but everything was one long midi note when held down. But this works fine.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Oct 2018

mreese80 wrote:
03 Oct 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 Oct 2018

Cheers

Are you the one who mentioned this to me? If so thanks. I have no need for the matrix. this works fine. But if the matrix sends each individual note to a track than i'll need to really look at the old tutorials again. The old ways always did the note repeat but everything was one long midi note when held down. But this works fine.
I mean, if all you want is repeated notes, and you know which notes you want repeated, you can just draw them in on the matrix and send pattern to track. Obviously the player arpeggiated method is easier and faster and more flexible, then.

mreese80

03 Oct 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Oct 2018
mreese80 wrote:
03 Oct 2018

I mean, if all you want is repeated notes, and you know which notes you want repeated, you can just draw them in on the matrix and send pattern to track. Obviously the player arpeggiated method is easier and faster and more flexible, then.
I didn't know know that man. Never in my life have I used it. Things i know nothing about I leave alone. Thanks for the info once again man.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Oct 2018

mreese80 wrote:
03 Oct 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Oct 2018

I didn't know know that man. Never in my life have I used it. Things i know nothing about I leave alone. Thanks for the info once again man.
Cheers! Messing with stuff you don't know anything about might surprise you on a pleasant way.

mreese80

22 Oct 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Oct 2018
mreese80 wrote:
03 Oct 2018

Cheers! Messing with stuff you don't know anything about might surprise you on a pleasant way.
Can you do that on the rpg-8?

• Information