Reason & Roland Aira Tr-8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stringsoflife

29 Sep 2018

Hi all, new to forum and could really do with some help here, if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm trying to get my Tr-8 synced with Reason, to play through/by Reason, and I'm hoping for very little latency. The Tr-8 has broken my heart with it's latency problem with other DAWs. I'm giving it one more chance before moving it on, to see if I can integrate it into the system I use, via Reason. If anyone has any advice or can point me in the direction of a good tut or explainer, I'd really appreciate it. The Roland site is pants for this kind of thing, and not much on YouTube.
Thanks in advance,
SoL

expresso

30 Sep 2018

Hey I've had the TR-8 and 8s since they came out and used them with Reason, I'll try to help. Its such a good instrument, don't sell it yet, I was just thinking about how much I love mine :puf_smile:

They way I sync mine is with usb midi now, I used to use a midi cable to my soundcard though. Go to preferences in Reason go to the sync tab. Go to midi clock sync output and choose the Tr8 (there may be 2 options but I just use the regular tr8 option). Now click the "send clock" button near the bottom left of the screen. After that when you press play the tr8 should start playing too and be synced. Also I set the output offset at 15ms to fix the latency. You may have to change some settings in your tr8 to midi usb, let me know if that works for you.

stringsoflife

05 Oct 2018

expresso wrote:
30 Sep 2018
Hey I've had the TR-8 and 8s since they came out and used them with Reason, I'll try to help. Its such a good instrument, don't sell it yet, I was just thinking about how much I love mine :puf_smile:

They way I sync mine is with usb midi now, I used to use a midi cable to my soundcard though. Go to preferences in Reason go to the sync tab. Go to midi clock sync output and choose the Tr8 (there may be 2 options but I just use the regular tr8 option). Now click the "send clock" button near the bottom left of the screen. After that when you press play the tr8 should start playing too and be synced. Also I set the output offset at 15ms to fix the latency. You may have to change some settings in your tr8 to midi usb, let me know if that works for you.
Hey expresso, sorry about the delay in getting back to you - I've been away with work. Thank you so much for getting back to me! Really appreciate it, and I'm going to give this a go at the weekend. I'll report back on how I got on. I'd hate to give up the Tr-8 so fingers crossed it works! Thanks again, have an awesome weekend.

danc

05 Oct 2018

stringsoflife wrote:
05 Oct 2018
Hey expresso, sorry about the delay in getting back to you - I've been away with work. Thank you so much for getting back to me! Really appreciate it, and I'm going to give this a go at the weekend. I'll report back on how I got on. I'd hate to give up the Tr-8 so fingers crossed it works! Thanks again, have an awesome weekend.
I've got a TR-8 and use it slightly different. I create the rhythm and then record each track to audio - then cut and paste it into my tracks. Just like you I found trying to run it "live" alongside my Reason tracks is just a pain - not saying it's not possible, just found recording and playing them as samples is easier.
Check my Soundcloud:

demt

05 Oct 2018

my drumbrute though it works perf never seems to use the right settings i was going to get a tr8 but found a drum brute at 1/2 price
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information