Graphic Issue in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bigbadjon303

29 Sep 2018

Hi All,

I hope your all OK and enjoying the new Reason update those who have it.

I hope you can help me with an annoying problem I've got...….

I've had a graphic issue in Reason for a while and I though it was to do with getting a new Output device (55" TV), but after beta testing 10.2 realised it was something to do with my settings in 9/10 (It wasn't there in the Beta version).

When I select a section in the left hand browser then the selection is horizontally and vertically split across the word, but a 1/4 of it is in a slightly different colour?! If for instance I select the Blue theme then the word "Instrument" is split and will be selected, but the top left of it will be in a lighter blue than the rest.

It also does the same with the scroll selector in the sequencer (to the right of the zoom button)

I also have to log into Reason every time now, even though I'm not trying any RE's - not sure if that's anything to do with it though.

I would post a picture but I'm not sure how to do it.

It's difficult to explain it :cry:

Where would I need to go to reset this in Reason? I've tried deleting prefs but it's the same. I've downloaded a new version of 10.2, but still the same.

Other than that, everyting is fine (and really like the new additions in 10.2)

Cheers

Bigbadjon

jam-s

30 Sep 2018

Have you tried it the strange colouring is also visible on a screen shot? If it is not it might be problem with some internal picture processing ("enhancement") of your TV.

antic604

01 Oct 2018

bigbadjon303 wrote:
29 Sep 2018
When I select a section in the left hand browser then the selection is horizontally and vertically split across the word, but a 1/4 of it is in a slightly different colour?! If for instance I select the Blue theme then the word "Instrument" is split and will be selected, but the top left of it will be in a lighter blue than the rest.
Do you by any chance run Reason in compatibility mode with disabled high-DPI scaling? Because I get similar artefact in the browser when I do using "System (improved)" scaling mode.

To verify - and disable - that, right-click on the Reason icon, go to Properties in the drop-down menu and then Compatibility tab. In there, both options should be UN-ticked. Now click apply/ok and run Reason again.

• Information