Reason Needs Time Align

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Magnus

28 Sep 2018

Now Reason has native Pitch Edit it needs the other holy grail of modern vocal production, Time Alignment.

Given we have the equivalent of Melodyne inside Reason now, the next step is the equivalent of VocAlign:

This is already possible manually by shifting stuff or by using hard quantize values with the inline ReCycle on Audio Tracks, but what we really need is a macro or time alignment based on other tracks.

Whilst implementing this, it would also make sense for Props to allow ReGroove to be applied to audio too; even if its just an offline apply (I imagine realtime might be tricky).
Last edited by Magnus on 28 Sep 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Loque

28 Sep 2018

Interesting. It would be enough for me at the moment, if working with samples and arranging the timing would not be such a PITA at all, regardless if it is a vocal or something else. Pretty hard to just take a transient and move it to the right position or changing a marker without weird moving sample view or that it is sometimes just impossible to place something right. Due i do not work with vocal samples only, i need something that works for all samples at first.
Reason12, Win10

C//AZM

28 Sep 2018

YES!
Six hundred times yes.
Works great when musicians are playing a complex part together and you want to tighten up their accuracy in spots. Also works great when replacing dialog or tightening bkg vocals.

michal22

28 Sep 2018

Yes, I also want this function very much.
The first step may be the multi-lines mode for audio tracks. Seeing the shadow of the second track will make setting the timing easier.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Marc Swing

28 Sep 2018

YES! GIIIIF MEE PLLZZZ!

WeLoveYouToo

28 Sep 2018

this would be great, but first we need audio snap so we can even align audio clips with each other, which is bery hard if you are working with clips that do not end or begin exactly on a grid

Enterface

29 Mar 2019

Or just support VST3 and we can all use VocAlign in Reason? Would rather have it baked into Reason though...

RobertPayne

29 Mar 2019

Definitely a YES for this feature.

moneykube

29 Mar 2019

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: yes please
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2019

Vocalign is a Vst right? I guess you can already have this in reason.

Anyway though propellerheads did a great work with the pitch editor it needs some stuff like a scale guide and magnet (melodyne has this ages ago) for harmonization.

As for vocal aligning if audio quantizing is not tnkigh for you, after editing your pitch you can apply vocalign already.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2019

Forget what I said it is vst3 only...
My bad.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Mar 2019

Yes! And regroove on audio as well please!

rabid

03 Apr 2019

interesting, i asked this in a roundabout way just now and find this. its almost worth using another daw and this vst just for the vocal and exporting and importing back. Any idea of a most basic program to run this vst within?

Enterface

03 Apr 2019

Also tried this free Lua script for Reaper but wasn't very satisfied with the result. I found the transient detection to be finicky and mostly inaccurate. Seemed like this would have been a good "free" alternative.

Magnus

04 Apr 2019

I've got the VocALign Project standalone I use on Mac. I export vocals out of Reason, use VocALign to sync the BVs to the Master Vocal and then reimport all the audio tracks back into Reason. Whilst from a workflow perspective it's not ideal having to come in and out of Reason like that, the results VocALign creates are simply unbeatable. I used to do this kind of time alignment manually in Reason nudging and quantizing slices and it just takes far too long to do when you've got loads of vocal tracks stacked up; it also never quite lines up as well as VocALign's algorithm.

Hopefully Reason 11 will offer an overhaul of ReGroove that includes offline Audio in someway and totally replaces the need for a third party application like VocALign.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2019

Cubase just got this in the latest version. Zplane is a company that license this type of technology if they do not want to build it themselves.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information