Clamping A CV Signal between two values

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Undistraction

27 Sep 2018

Given a pulse-wave / square wave CV signal, what is the simplest way of clamping its upper and lower limits to chosen values, so the values are in between are mapped between those values.

I currently use the warp function of Quadralectra's CV Processor, but it is really fiddly, and often changing the upper bound of the warp also changes the lower bound and vice versa. Is there a simpler / alternative way to do this?
Last edited by Undistraction on 27 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

27 Sep 2018

From the free Janitor to the uber-power tool Kron are several devices available. Try Janitor at first.
Reason12, Win10

Undistraction

27 Sep 2018

@Loque Thanks for your suggestions.

Janitor is really just an even less accurate way of doing the same thing I can already do with the Quadralectra RE - it doesn't offer direct control over the lower and upper limits, so it involves even more fiddling about.

And Kron might be great, but is just too ugly to use.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2018

I use CV Mutant from Multi-D for stuff like this. It allows you to remap values for the full range of a CV signal.

Alternatively, you could use a Thor rotary or button to set your low baseline value, then mix it with a unipolar LFO from Little LFO (a great free RE). The amplitude of the LFO would determine the high value.

CVA-7 from pongasoft is great for analysis of the signal. It’s free too, worth a download if you’re not using it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undistraction

27 Sep 2018

@Timmy Crowne Thanks for suggesting CV Mutant. It looks like I bought it ages ago and never used it. That looks very handy

• Information