Issues with Reason 10.2 and small resolutions (1366X768 and lower)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
nscerri

26 Sep 2018

Attention to those using resolution 1366*768 or lower. There are 2 newly introduced issues which I have already reported to props. The resolution adheres to the minimum requirements and I am sure it was an oversight.

1) Preferences screen does not fit entirely
2) They added a tutorial bar, and it is taking some space and cannot be removed. (Solved)

In case you notice anything else kindly send to prop and also update this post.
Attachments
1366768.PNG
1366768.PNG (233.58 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Last edited by nscerri on 26 Sep 2018, edited 2 times in total.

nscerri

26 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2018
You can turn off the tutorial bar. Go to:

Options > Always show Tutorial Area (uncheck this)
Hi Joeyluck,

Yes I was going to update this post as I have received a reply from props as well... thanks anyway :) I have suggested to include such option within the Tutorial bar itself and also as an option in the preferences menu.

About the preferences screen size it is still ongoing and will update the post accordingly

Cheers

Pralijah

26 Sep 2018

I hope PH will gradually upgrade och deepen the tutorial-part, as I find it too basic now. Would love to have more advanced and more tips and tricks. As it is optional, I find it a good addition, sometimes one just play aruond to try different approaches and functions, and then it would be great to make the Tutorial-part be some kind of guidience as one explores different functions or when wanting to experiment. Maybe also have the whole latest operational manual, and some links to the great Ryan video tutorials, so one can jump directly to youtube. At least the manual. I know there exist links under the "help"-menu, but it would be handy having it inside Tutorial-space. Another function simular to this would be to have an optional function where descriptions are showed when pointing on the different devices. I know Logic has such "?"-mode. Off course one dont have it "on" when in the ordinary working flow, but for both new and experienced users, sometimes we tend to ignore some obvious functions and knowledge on all the little tricks hidden in the software. But, offcourse, more important is to get more real workflow adds, but I am sure not only me, tend to get some even basic "aha, I should have known this!" along the road.
Last edited by Pralijah on 28 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Make music shake again!

sot

27 Sep 2018

i was going to report preferences window on these resolutions too, you can't access the lower options as it is now
:reason: 10

Namyo85

27 Sep 2018

I have the same problem with the Preferences window, it would be good if a scroll bar was added. Ideally it should also have it's own taskbar button, as should the manage plugins window. It can be frustrating when you need them open for a while but they disappear into the background and you have to minimize all open windows or go back to the menu to get the window back. Go ahead and click Windows > Rack Extensions, as you can see it has a taskbar button so it doesn't disappear in the background, why can't the others?

As for Options > Always show tutorial area, if you untick this, it doesn't actually completely remove it. If you put your mouse to the far edge of the screen it can be dragged out, this can cause a problem if you are working on an audio track for example and you want to drag the end of the track inwards to shorten it. I found this out by accident the other day when experimenting so I probably will report it, hopefully fixed in next update.

• Information