How to turn off or Mute EMI ??? Midi Loop Problem!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
devilfish

26 Sep 2018

Hello, got a Little Problem Last Night.

Just connected my Roland TR-8 via USB to Reason. In preferences i turned off the Master-Keyboard functions and i was able to route the incomming Note and CC Messages „fix“ just to the EMI Lane, where i will Record the Note and CC Data.
Now the Problem is i get a stupid Midiloop.. EMI directly send all incomming Midi-Signals back to the TR-8. Is there a switch or knop to turn off EMI (send Midi) while Recording notes and CCs??
Mute did Not work.

Local off at the TR-8 did Not work too, because of heavy Midi timing issues.

Thank you

Namyo85

27 Sep 2018

This has confused me a bit and I know nothing about the TR-8, might be able to help if I did. Can you give more info about how things are set up and what's going on?

Loque

27 Sep 2018

Why? What are you trying to do? Just recording midi data or some tricky EMI-stuff? Or do you want to play a external synth via your keyboard routed through Reason?
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

27 Sep 2018

devilfish wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Hello, got a Little Problem Last Night.

Just connected my Roland TR-8 via USB to Reason. In preferences i turned off the Master-Keyboard functions and i was able to route the incomming Note and CC Messages „fix“ just to the EMI Lane, where i will Record the Note and CC Data.
Now the Problem is i get a stupid Midiloop.. EMI directly send all incomming Midi-Signals back to the TR-8. Is there a switch or knop to turn off EMI (send Midi) while Recording notes and CCs??
Mute did Not work.

Local off at the TR-8 did Not work too, because of heavy Midi timing issues.

Thank you
One of my synths has a similar issue. Best I've been able to come up with is assign a particular MIDI channel to that synth and temporarily change the channel in the EMI as a way of muting.

devilfish

27 Sep 2018

That work around works.. but what if you would like to Record cc‘s on top of the still recorded Midi notes ?? You have to create another emi and so on.. and in every new emi you have to delete all other old Stuff, that comes back from the Synth or TR8.

Next Problem: Midi-Clock. It is still Not possible to route the clock to all available Midi Buses. By Using an 8x8 USB Midi interface you can just have the clock on only one Midi-Out! Not an all 8 .. really annoying.. how old is Midi??? The Props shuld fix all that Shit !

devilfish

27 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2018
Why? What are you trying to do? Just recording midi data or some tricky EMI-stuff? Or do you want to play a external synth via your keyboard routed through Reason?

I want to record a Synth Midi Note and CC Data..
also the TR-8

But if you route that Hardware Synth to a EMI-Track that is routed back to the Hardware Synth, you will get that MidiLoop Problem. Local off fixes the Problem.. but what if you can‘t use or have Local off on your Hardware ??

I Need a Midi-Filter, or just a power off Button on the Emi (On/off on the Upper left corner?)

Sterioevo

27 Sep 2018

A 3rd party software midi filter is an option.
I use Midipatchbay on the mac for all mapping/filtering types of requirements.
I have used Midi Ox on windows, or Bome's.

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Sep 2018

You say its a MIDI loop, Does the TR-8 have a MIDI echo or MIDI thru setting where it echos incoming MIDI to the output port?

• Information