Anyone Update Mac OS to Mojave yet?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tumar

27 Sep 2018

The following products are NOT compatible with macOS Mojave:
Reason 9.5.4 and earlier
Reason Essentials 10 and earlier
Reason Limited 1.5.3 and earlier
What is wrong with Reason 9.5 ?

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Sep 2018

Ouch, looks like they finally stopped updating 9.x. I guess I won't be upgrading to Mojave until Reason 11, then.

tumar

27 Sep 2018

fieldframe wrote:
27 Sep 2018
Ouch, looks like they finally stopped updating 9.x. I guess I won't be upgrading to Mojave until Reason 11, then.
I understand lack of updates, but it's a bit shocking that 64bit Reason will not run under Mojave (it's just one step from High Sierra).

Marco Raaphorst

27 Sep 2018

and voice memos can now record in high quality!

Last Alternative

27 Sep 2018

Is it normal that Reason still drags and then speeds up past where you wanted to go with video graphics with the Magic iMouse? It is so very frustrating.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

ast3rix

03 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2018
I have not. And now I feel the pain of owning VSTs and keeping track of compatibility for so many plugins.
Reason supposedly works ok, but I've gotten handfuls of emails from developers that their VSTs aren't working though...

Luckily the folks at Sweetwater are great about keeping track. Here is the compatibility list:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... atibility/

Code: Select all

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-10-14-mojave-compatibility/
There's some cool features like dark mode, but luckily nothing I own requires the update. So I of course will wait.
I upgraded last week, but then I'm migrating over from a MacBook Pro to a Mac Pro 2013. The keeping up with all my licensing and reauthorizing everything has been a real pain. I even had issues with Reason until tonight.. I deleted the codemeter software. I redownloaded and installed it again just so I could authorize this new machine. So far Reason runs great under Mojave. I haven't had any issues with my vst's either.. and I have a boat load of them. I saw something somewhere about sound toys having issues with Mojave.. that's one I don't currently have.

kuhliloach

03 Oct 2018

No major issues with Reason 10 and Mojave so far. Installation, Codemeter, all ok. If I use the computer keyboard my notes come across a bit late on the timeline; not sure if that's a Mac thing or audio interface settings, but the problem is more pronounced on Mac than on my Windows installs. This is on a 8GB MacBook Pro ~2014.

Scoobyman II

09 Oct 2018

I updated yesterday. Now I'm not getting audio into the audio channel. I've been using Reason with my guitar for years so it's not something basic like forgetting to turn the monitor on in the sequencer. Synths and Reason instruments all work. I can get my guitar sound in Logic. Not in Reason or a couple stand alone guitar amps as well.

Marco Raaphorst

09 Oct 2018

Scoobyman II wrote:
09 Oct 2018
I updated yesterday. Now I'm not getting audio into the audio channel. I've been using Reason with my guitar for years so it's not something basic like forgetting to turn the monitor on in the sequencer. Synths and Reason instruments all work. I can get my guitar sound in Logic. Not in Reason or a couple stand alone guitar amps as well.
no audio input?

sinusfiction

09 Oct 2018

Scoobyman II wrote:
09 Oct 2018
I have the same problem with Balance. No audio input. The Balance interface seems to work fine, with monitoring on the device working, recording in Voice Memos working and all inputs are available in Reason. I can select Clip Safe but the audio input meter stays empty. And no signal. Hmm.

Settings in Reason all fine, settings in Audio/Midi-configuration all fine. Restarted Balance, restarted Reason, restarted Mac Mini, but no audio... Tried an USB mic, works great in Voice Memos, Reason nothing.

Reason 10.2 and MacOS Mojave. Okay, I'm gonna give it a rest now, and try again with a fresh head. Maybe I'm missing something (I hope).
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

Despondo
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2018

sinusfiction wrote:
09 Oct 2018
Scoobyman II wrote:
09 Oct 2018
I have the same problem with Balance. No audio input. The Balance interface seems to work fine, with monitoring on the device working, recording in Voice Memos working and all inputs are available in Reason. I can select Clip Safe but the audio input meter stays empty. And no signal. Hmm.

Settings in Reason all fine, settings in Audio/Midi-configuration all fine. Restarted Balance, restarted Reason, restarted Mac Mini, but no audio... Tried an USB mic, works great in Voice Memos, Reason nothing.

Reason 10.2 and MacOS Mojave. Okay, I'm gonna give it a rest now, and try again with a fresh head. Maybe I'm missing something (I hope).
You might have to create an Aggregate Audio device. I had to do this when my USB mixer showed up as separate inputs and outputs in Mojave. At least it is worth a try?

Paha Kurki

09 Oct 2018

Hello! I'm new to the forum. I have the same problem as the guys above:
No audio in! Everything seems normal but no sound from my Zoom u-44.
Works well in other apps and also get sound out from Kong etc with the same
interface. Mojave and latest Reason version.

FlowerSoldier

09 Oct 2018

I'm having the same issue on my UA Apollo Twin.
Interestingly enough, it worked fine last week. Then this weekend it started misbehaving.
I was kinda busy, so I didn't have time to troubleshoot. It's interesting that I'm not the only one with the issue.

Failed Muso

09 Oct 2018

No such issues here. Running 10.14 on a late 2013 27" iMac, 3.4GHz i5, 32GB DDR3 RAM, Reason 10.2d93. Balance works fine, with no issues, either on its own or as part of an aggregate device. Also have zero issues with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd gen. All inputs selectable and working on all devices.

Steedus
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2018

Reason still runs like garbage (visually) on Mojave. Scrolling the rack runs at about 6 FPS. It's embarrassing really.

Paha Kurki

10 Oct 2018

No audio in problem solved for me - thanks to fast reply from Propellerheads support!
Go to MacOS settings -> Security & Privacy and from there the last tab (Privacy)
Select Microphone - allow Reason to use microphone - problem solved!

I would not have figured this out myself. For a moment I was a bit frustrated thinking
I'd have to wait for an update to be able to record again.

Marco Raaphorst

10 Oct 2018

Steedus wrote:
09 Oct 2018
Reason still runs like garbage (visually) on Mojave. Scrolling the rack runs at about 6 FPS. It's embarrassing really.
Older mac maybe? Which model? Without discrete graphics card maybe?

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2018

Brand new 2018 15" Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM, 2.6GHz 6-core and 4GB Radeon Pro 560X

I've heard you have to run it in low resolution mode or something ... I just tried it. After I load a song it just gives me the spinning beachball for eternity.
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Steedus wrote:
09 Oct 2018

Marco Raaphorst

10 Oct 2018

Steedus wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Brand new 2018 15" Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM, 2.6GHz 6-core and 4GB Radeon Pro 560X

I've heard you have to run it in low resolution mode or something ... I just tried it. After I load a song it just gives me the spinning beachball for eternity.
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Oct 2018

Thanks! Mojava and Reassuring n is definitely a no go area at the moment. Hope the Props will do an update soon.

FlowerSoldier

10 Oct 2018

Paha Kurki wrote:
10 Oct 2018
No audio in problem solved for me - thanks to fast reply from Propellerheads support!
Go to MacOS settings -> Security & Privacy and from there the last tab (Privacy)

I would not have figured this out myself. For a moment I was a bit frustrated thinking
Good looking out mate!

sinusfiction

10 Oct 2018

Paha Kurki wrote:
10 Oct 2018

Thanks for letting us know, and thank you Propellerheads support. This was the solution for me as well. No idea why the Mojave update would disallow Reason all of a sudden, but as long as it's solved, I'm happy...
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

philosurfer

10 Oct 2018

Steedus wrote:
09 Oct 2018
It just seems to be getting worse with every release. I am using a MBP completely maxed out from last year and Reason's GUI goes to shit . They need to optimize the UI or i will be seriously considering moving my work to Logic.

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2018

Yeah, honestly I was aware that Reason had some issues on Mac, but I have a friend who works solely in Logic so I want to start using it - hopefully in addition to Reason.. but boy it's painful sometimes.
philosurfer wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Steedus wrote:
09 Oct 2018
It just seems to be getting worse with every release. I am using a MBP completely maxed out from last year and Reason's GUI goes to shit . They need to optimize the UI or i will be seriously considering moving my work to Logic.

tronam

11 Oct 2018

Since most of Reason's interface consists of bitmap graphics and screen resolutions have continued to climb over the years, what are Propellerhead's options for maintaining the interface aesthetic on high-DPI screens without being sluggish? GPU acceleration by loading graphics into the video card's internal memory? In most DAWs we only look at one plugin interface at a time, but in Reason we expect it to display tons of UIs onscreen at once. I bet they've been testing high res interface elements for years (the first retina MBP was back in 2012), but the performance hit and memory footprint must be enormous.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Scoobyman II

11 Oct 2018

Paha Kurki wrote:
10 Oct 2018

I'll try that. I read a similar solution on the general interwebs.

• Information