VST Bugs and how to report them

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tallguy

25 Sep 2018

So a VST I'm using, Echoboy by Soundtoys, sounds fine when editing in Reason. But when I render out the sound, it sometimes only kicks in after ten seconds or so. I have a suspicion it's correlated with automating Echoboy. Bouncing the track gets rid of the problem, so there's a workaround. But still, it's a bug.

Question is, where do you report it? Propellerheads or Soundtoys? Neither websites make it obvious how/where to report.

tallguy

27 Sep 2018

Pretty much a moot point now. 10.2 seems to have solved the issue.

But I still wonder if there's a way to report bugs to Propellerheads as a non-beta tester.

tallguy

08 Oct 2018

OK, scrap that. The problem still persists. Another VST, Ozone Imager, throws up the same problem. Seriously, I hope those long awaited VST optimisations will tackle this problem.

WongoTheSane

09 Oct 2018

Stab in the dark: do you have automation events before the start of the song? IIRC, MIDI chase happens during playback but not during rendering, which might explain what you're encountering. I would select the clip that's not rendering as expected, move it to the right by like 16 bars, and extend its left border to the start of the song. If you have extraneous events, you'll see them. Either delete them or move them to a position at or after 1.0.0.0.

tallguy

10 Oct 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
09 Oct 2018
Stab in the dark: do you have automation events before the start of the song? IIRC, MIDI chase happens during playback but not during rendering, which might explain what you're encountering. I would select the clip that's not rendering as expected, move it to the right by like 16 bars, and extend its left border to the start of the song. If you have extraneous events, you'll see them. Either delete them or move them to a position at or after 1.0.0.0.
Not a bad stab, but no. Ozone Imager, the latest VST to play up in one of my tracks, doesn't even have any events in the sequencer, not even a track. It must have been a coincidence that I first encountered it after I added a some automation to a VST, but it now looks that that isn't the trigger.

But to get back to my original question. Is there somewhere a place where you can file official bug reports for Reason? 10.2 has unearthed a few little bugs for me.

WongoTheSane

12 Oct 2018

tallguy wrote:
10 Oct 2018
WongoTheSane wrote:
09 Oct 2018
Not a bad stab, but no. Ozone Imager, the latest VST to play up in one of my tracks, doesn't even have any events in the sequencer, not even a track. It must have been a coincidence that I first encountered it after I added a some automation to a VST, but it now looks that that isn't the trigger.

But to get back to my original question. Is there somewhere a place where you can file official bug reports for Reason? 10.2 has unearthed a few little bugs for me.
Yes:

https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be aware that if you file a bug report (as opposed to a call for help on something), you might not receive an answer right away, or at all (it is filed into a db, where it's handled by devs, and most of the time they don't know where the report comes from, as it's rewritten and prioritized by the support staff). It is still handled.

tallguy

12 Oct 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
12 Oct 2018

Be aware that if you file a bug report (as opposed to a call for help on something), you might not receive an answer right away, or at all (it is filed into a db, where it's handled by devs, and most of the time they don't know where the report comes from, as it's rewritten and prioritized by the support staff). It is still handled.
Thanks. I’ve done my fair share of bug reporting over the years so I know I shouldn’t expect a immediate response or even a response at all.

• Information