Midi Channel Split to Different Rack Instruments

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
robotpsychology

22 Sep 2018

Hello all,

I've read some threads here talking about splitting midi channels to instruments with third party software. I seem to be able to split them on the Advanced Midi section. I'm using an Akai MPK Mini. On its editor I set Keys to Midi Channel 1 and Pads to 2. I set it the same way on the Advanced Midi section of Reason. Thor on 1 and Kong on 2. Kong is separated fine on the pads but the keys play both Thor and Kong simultaneously. How to I go about making sure they're both isolated?

I'm not knowledgeable about midi. Is channel one serving as a master midi channel and resulting in both playing at the same time?
reason advanced midi.JPG
reason advanced midi.JPG (25.87 KiB) Viewed 809 times
akai midi.JPG
akai midi.JPG (11.9 KiB) Viewed 809 times

Loque

23 Sep 2018

What arr you really trying to achieve? To me it sounds like your on a way to complicated suction... If you want to play 2 instruments within Reason, put them in a Combinator and there you can split your keyboard.

Splitting midi is more for extertal instruments and you can do it also with a Combinator and EMI if you just want to split your keyboard.
Reason12, Win10

mojo

23 Sep 2018

Maybe look in the sequencer if kong have the little keyboard at the bottom of the picture.

obryan

23 Sep 2018

hi
howabout koshdukai's channel aware remote codec:
https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.c ... emote.html

add a new control surface on midi channel 2 and lock it to kong.
this way the pads will be isolated to kong even when not in focus. the keys will play whatever instrument is in focus.

oh ye, and remove your advanced midi section setup. its not needed.

• Information