Regroove Settings on Drum Sequencer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Le Boeuf

15 Sep 2018

Hi there!

Just a quick question.
I love using the Regroove mixer to slide notes, shuffle and so on.
Is there a way to use the different Regroove settings, A1, A2 and so, on the drum sequencer instead of the standard Shuffle button on that?

Same for an imported audio clip, can i use the Regroove on lets say, an imported shaker loop?

Simontho

15 Sep 2018

I don’t think there is a way to add grooves to redrum while it’s running. I suggest using the “Drum Sequencer” player device from the RE store. It allows you to slide notes and add shuffle while the sequencer is running. (Slide is per sequencer track and shuffle applies to the entire sequence. No options for more complicated grooves.)

For audio loops, you could bounce the audio clip to a .rex file and then print the rex file to the sequencer/keyroll. Then add the groove to the midi channel for the Dr. Octorex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simontho

15 Sep 2018

Sorry, read your post to quickly and thought you were asking about redrum. There is a “slide” feature on right side of the drum sequencer that allows you to adjust slide in clicks. (“Speed” is the default setting displayed, but you can toggle to display slide.) You can create multiple instances of the drum sequencer on top of the same redrum and set them to different shuffle or slide settings as well.

Reasonable man

15 Sep 2018

The Drum Sequencer only allows global shuffle. so it wont match up to custom made grooves in the sequencer unless you send notes to track and match em the tradional way

Le Boeuf

16 Sep 2018

Thank you, thats exactly what i meant, what a shame tho.
That's a workflow killer in my opinion, wish they would allow this feature in a forthcoming version of reason.
Reasonable man wrote:
15 Sep 2018
The Drum Sequencer only allows global shuffle. so it wont match up to custom made grooves in the sequencer unless you send notes to track and match em the tradional way

Le Boeuf

16 Sep 2018

Simontho wrote:
15 Sep 2018
Sorry, read your post to quickly and thought you were asking about redrum. There is a “slide” feature on right side of the drum sequencer that allows you to adjust slide in clicks. (“Speed” is the default setting displayed, but you can toggle to display slide.) You can create multiple instances of the drum sequencer on top of the same redrum and set them to different shuffle or slide settings as well.

Thanks for your answer tho, reasonable man actually answered what i was thinking about.

I know about the slide function too, but i was looking for a way to use my Regroove mixer settings on the drum sequencer as i use the regroove mixer on almost everything.
Hope PH will add this to future releases :)

• Information