Changing Reason 10 folder name can cause any problem ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Voyager

13 Sep 2018

Hello fellow Reasoners,

I had to reinstall Reason on a new build computer. In my previous computer i had for some reason a "Reason" folder and a "Reason 10" folder. Now with the new installation i just have a "Reason 10" folder so i copied all my contents in there. Since i had all my refills and samples in the "Reason" folder when i'm launching a project it says that the sounds are missing. So what i did is renaming the folder " Reason 10" to " Reason" and now the sounds are normally launching with my project.

So do it cause any problem to have renamed the folder or it is not advised ? I guess prior to make any updates to Reason i'll have to rename the folder "Reason 10" to keep the correct path for installation right ?

Namyo85

13 Sep 2018

I'm a bit confused, do you have all your samples and patches in the same folder as the main reason program files?

Voyager

13 Sep 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
13 Sep 2018
I'm a bit confused, do you have all your samples and patches in the same folder as the main reason program files?
Yes, is that bad ? :think:

Namyo85

14 Sep 2018

Erm... Kind of. It's better if they are in a different location than the main Reason Folders that are installed.

Voyager

17 Sep 2018

Why is not recommended to have them in the same folder as Reason ? And where should i place them ?

jam-s

17 Sep 2018

It's usually a good idea to keep programs and user data in different places. That way it is easier to backup only the important parts of the data. Also older Reason versions removed the whole folder during uninstall (on Macs).

deepndark

18 Sep 2018

My all sounds are on a different drive so when I need to re-install everything on c: I don't lose them.

Voyager

18 Sep 2018

Fair enough, but still didn't get a concrete answer to why "technically" it may not be advised. i mean having samples and refills in the same folder as Reason could make the program work any worse ?

Also if i decide to move all my sample and refills to a new folder is there an easy way to change the path so when i open older projects Reason can load the sounds ? I guess the only way is to assign a new location is only when opening the project and get the sounds missing files and relocation folder ?

DrGOA®

19 Sep 2018

Copy used Refiils in Reason 10 folder.

• Information