Subtractor Synth Patch is incredibly loud on right side

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
genericname

13 Sep 2018

I'm trying to make a sound effect using the subtractor, but I'm having trouble since most of the sound in the question comes out the right speakers/headphone. This even more evident when I pan the sound, since it changes the timbre as it's panned from left to right. I tried to do some research on this issue, but unfortunately most of it was hardware related. The closest thing I found mentioned an overabundance of frequencies as a possible cause.

I attached the synth patch in question. It's not a hardware problem by any means, I even tested some old music I made, and the volume on the left/right side was about right. I also used the patch in a new reason document, and I still got the same result.

It's also occurred with a couple of other sound effects I've made, specially the ones that are low frequency.
Attachments
Bomb Charge Folder.zip
(403.01 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Problem Patch.zip
(907 Bytes) Downloaded 47 times
Last edited by genericname on 16 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

13 Sep 2018

I would be really suprised if Subtractor can sound only on one side. It is a mono synth.

I speculate, you have more than just this Subtractor and somewhere you go from Mono->Stereo which might be wrong cabled. PLease provide the complete patch or a screenshot from the backside.
Reason12, Win10

Oquasec

13 Sep 2018

Sounds like the phase knob's doing the crap.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

genericname

13 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
13 Sep 2018
I would be really suprised if Subtractor can sound only on one side. It is a mono synth.

I speculate, you have more than just this Subtractor and somewhere you go from Mono->Stereo which might be wrong cabled. PLease provide the complete patch or a screenshot from the backside.
I tested the patch on it's own and the problem still persisted. It's not a cabling issue. The patch should be in the OP as an attached file.

madmacman

13 Sep 2018

I dropped the patch into an empty project and couldn't find any issues. Master meter looks fine, too.

Screenshot 2018-09-13 19.14.28.png
Screenshot 2018-09-13 19.14.28.png (86.46 KiB) Viewed 635 times

Loque

13 Sep 2018

madmacman wrote:
13 Sep 2018
I dropped the patch into an empty project and couldn't find any issues. Master meter looks fine, too.

Screenshot 2018-09-13 19.14.28.png
Same here... I expect something other is wrong with OP build.
Reason12, Win10

genericname

16 Sep 2018

Since some are saying that they're not seeing any problem with the audio, I updated the OP with the reason file and the exported wav file. It isn't as obvious on bass-boosted headphones, but with normal headphones (and computer speakers to a lesser degree), you should be able to hear the unbalanced audio.

selig
RE Developer

16 Sep 2018

Are you SURE it isn't a hardware problem? You don't describe seeing more signal in the right channel, only that it "sounds" right heavy.
I'll take a look at the files shortly…
EDIT:
I just looked at the files, the audio is perfectly centered here.

It's possibly a hardware problem after all, as your signal path is 100% MONO (so there's nothing that COULD affect one channel differently from another).
Selig Audio, LLC

Oquasec

17 Sep 2018

I wonder how you could pull that off without using anything else
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information