Zero Length Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
splangie

05 Sep 2018

I started getting zero note lengths on the sequencer as it records. It sounds ok as it is being played. I am using a Nektar P6 and I can select it as the Surface and Lock To device and all the controls work. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
0 lengthNotes.png
0 lengthNotes.png (44.3 KiB) Viewed 892 times

splangie

06 Sep 2018

I haven't figured this out yet. I can't find any controller conflicts and the P6 can still be set as controller for any song. Note length and velocity all sound ok as I play and the velocity data is still being recorded correctly.

Loque

06 Sep 2018

Hum...not really a idea, just speculating that the gates produced by your device are wrong or misinterpreted by Reason.
Reason12, Win10

splangie

06 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
06 Sep 2018
Hum...not really a idea, just speculating that the gates produced by your device are wrong or misinterpreted by Reason.
Thanks for the input Loque. I tried factory reset for the P6, removing it then testing along with all other control devices listed one at time, then adding them back and testing. I recorded a track as it played from a DR-5 and it worked correctly, but the P6 would still only record zero length notes. I finally removed all listed controllers again and uninstalled the P6 integration drivers from the pc, reloaded it and tada it works. Still scratching myself though. Have you had any controller issues similar where it worked and then just seemed to stopped working as expected and you had to reload the drivers?

QVprod

06 Sep 2018

I've had this happen with multiple controllers including the P6. It's a driver issue. Somehow the driver stopped working properly and you have to uninstall and reinstall it. You may have to also update the P6 firmware again afterwards.

Reasonable man

07 Sep 2018

Just opened my p6 and by chance the same the has happened to mine! looks like an unistall and reinstall situation .
if i remember corretly when i first installed the p6 firmware it took my p6 a full week to recognise it... hope it takes a little less this time :twisted:

Vesterager

07 Sep 2018

splangie wrote:
06 Sep 2018
I haven't figured this out yet. I can't find any controller conflicts and the P6 can still be set as controller for any song. Note length and velocity all sound ok as I play and the velocity data is still being recorded correctly.
I've experienced this exactly as you describe. Turned out to be a conflict with having the same midi controller listed twice on the controller setup page.

museicp

18 May 2019

So I'm having this exact same issue. Reason 9.5 with a nektar p6 on mac el capistan.

I've tried deleting the control surfaces in reason preferences and that hasn't worked. I've tried reinstalling nektar firmware. I've also reloaded the reason nektar loader file. None of these has helped.

Does anyone know what the name of the nektar driver is on a mac? Maybe if I delete that I can do a fresh install.

Any other ideas?

valankar

09 Apr 2020

I have the same issue. I disabled one of the Panorama in the settings and this seems to fix it:
Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 2.14.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 2.14.31 PM.png (363.9 KiB) Viewed 436 times

• Information