RE trials

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tallguy

04 Sep 2018

When I first caught on to rack extensions, I went a bit wild downloading trial versions. Unfortunately, a lot of those trials I downloaded were wasted on my inexperience.

I remember downloading every EQ or compressor and not really being able to tell the difference between them. As I'm slowly developing a better ear for sound design, I sometimes wish I could revisit those trials to see what I may have missed first time around. But as far as I can tell, once tried, you can't try it again. Ever.

In short, I'd love to be able to re-trial a RE after a year, even if only for a few days.

Tweak

04 Sep 2018

Can you not just subscribe to a few things for a month? Yeah costs money, but for a single month sub is totally reasonable

antic604

04 Sep 2018

...or set up another account, d/l Reason demo and try there :)

tallguy

04 Sep 2018

Another thing that occurred to me after I posted is that some RE have a VST version that can be tried.

Yes, there are ways around it, I get that. But I still think there's something to be said for allowing a re-trial period after say a year or so.

tallguy

04 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Sep 2018
...or set up another account, d/l Reason demo and try there :)
Can you run RE trials in the demo? I have a vague memory of there being some restrictions.

joeyluck

04 Sep 2018

Totally worth the $9 subscription to try several REs for another full 30 days. I’ve used it for this purpose before.

• Information