Reason Compact 1.0.1 : In-app purchases now working!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

30 Aug 2018

As a reminder, the app is free to use with the built-in sounds. There are no limitations aside from retaining edits to the additional panels. You can edit and retain settings for the five featured controls in the first panel as well as Chords and Arpeggiator, you can record to the sequencer and export sound files, and export to Reason without making a purchase.

The in-app purchase of $9.99 gives you access to deeper editing via the other panels: Engine, Unison, Mix, Filter, Amplifier, Envelopes, LFO, and Effects. You can still play with these panels in demo mode, but when in demo mode, these panels do not retain settings when swiping to other panels.

The current Featured Packs are $0.99
Ambient Dream by Theodora
Grimey UKBass by Jakob Haq
Sad Girl Tool Kit by Tiger Darrow
Melodic Keys by Adam Fielding

If after updating to 1.0.1 you still don't see the in-app purchases, trying uninstalling and reinstalling (that's what I did).

theshoemaker

30 Aug 2018

Just makes sense with the editing ... still limited in comparison to the desktop version. Would really love to see more features, but I guess its a performance tradeoff again :( Anyway, better than nothing and I'm really looking forward on scenes and full track editing
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

EnochLight

30 Aug 2018

Yeah, IAP's are working on my end just fine as of this morning. Thanks for the update, Joey!

We all know various opinions on Reason Compact 1.0, and I see a lot of users over on FB and YouTube comparing it to FL Studio Mobile (since FL Studio Mobile takes a more traditional "desktop approach" to mobile and allows "racks" - which - in itself - is sort of funny). :lol: But my question is: do people actually use FL Studio Mobile? Any FL Studio peeps here who care to chime in? Full disclosure: I've had it for years but never really got into using it.

On an aside, FL Studio Mobile has been out for 7 years... yet it has less than half the amount of reviews that Reason Compact has garnered in 24 hours. :o :shock: :? Granted, more of Reason Compact's reviews are negative due to the aforementioned opinions, but it makes me wonder if people actually use FL Studio Mobile...

IMG_1063.jpg
IMG_1063.jpg (74.66 KiB) Viewed 2568 times

IMG_1062.jpg
IMG_1062.jpg (109.05 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

theshoemaker

30 Aug 2018

Reason Compact in its current incarnation for me personally is just a toy like Figure is, but when they ad tracks and scenes and more devices like Gadget has. Oh my god... I love the user interface. Having used Figure, Gadget, Garageband, Auxy (and many more) and comparing it ... They really nailed it! Now I'm just looking forward to more content being able to create full tracks on iPhone and than export to reason. I'd love to see them offer a cross compilation of current REs for reason compact with some new VIEW layer added on top. Technically they could do it!

scratchnsnifff

30 Aug 2018

So I was informed that If you have an existing account, you get points from the reward store. I was hoping to get a copy of Reason lite :/ but at least I’m able to finally get the app working! I’m stoked to use my favorite synth on the go :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

30 Aug 2018

Between reason compact & FL Studio mobile, the winner is Caustic.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

aeox
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2018

EnochLight wrote:
30 Aug 2018
But my question is: do people actually use FL Studio Mobile? Any FL Studio peeps here who care to chime in? Full disclosure: I've had it for years but never really got into using it.
I own it but don't use it. Not because it's bad, but because I really just don't understand the purpose of trying to make music on phones or tablets. If I really did want to write down some ideas for a song, FL studio mobile would practically function has a full DAW. It has everything needed to complete a track (It's not going to sound that professional, but at least you can get the idea down if you must. Like I said though, I'd rather just open Reason on a laptop at that point and not waste time.

Resonator

30 Aug 2018

Glad to see IAPs are unlocked. But at the moment, I’m holding out for more instruments and hopefully more functionality in Europa. I feel that Reason Compact has a lot of potential to grow into something amazing. So I’ll keep the app installed and follow up on it’s development. I’m also trying to catch up on the last 3 gadgets that I bought on sale for Korg Gadget. So I got my hands full, and buying any more apps would sidetrack me. But anyway, I’m sure I’ll have much to look forward to.

flightONE

30 Aug 2018

Oquasec wrote:
30 Aug 2018
how strange is it that caustic looks like reason 3?

theshoemaker

30 Aug 2018

aeox wrote:
30 Aug 2018
EnochLight wrote:
30 Aug 2018
But my question is: do people actually use FL Studio Mobile? Any FL Studio peeps here who care to chime in? Full disclosure: I've had it for years but never really got into using it.
I own it but don't use it. Not because it's bad, but because I really just don't understand the purpose of trying to make music on phones or tablets. If I really did want to write down some ideas for a song, FL studio mobile would practically function has a full DAW. It has everything needed to complete a track (It's not going to sound that professional, but at least you can get the idea down if you must. Like I said though, I'd rather just open Reason on a laptop at that point and not waste time.
I'm in no sense of the word a 'performer' so using the phone with the focused interface is

a) more fun
b) quicker
c) more productive due to its clean interface and lack of distraction

That's the reasons, creating the song on a phone is better for me :)

Resonator

30 Aug 2018

Oquasec wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Between reason compact & FL Studio mobile, the winner is Gadget.
:mrgreen:

EnochLight

30 Aug 2018

Resonator wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Glad to see IAPs are unlocked. But at the moment, I’m holding out for more instruments and hopefully more functionality in Europa.
I'm willing to wager that "what you see is what you get" as far as Europa (Compact) is concerned. If they plan to allow future instruments to run in other tracks, they probably needed to strike a balance between decent CPU overhead and features in the synth. I'm willing to wager that as other instruments slowly appear, they will also be feature-trimmed to allow as many instruments as possible.

That said, if it's a successful app and they continue to develop it, as Apple hardware gets faster, there's no reason to suggest they won't add more features to once feature-limited versions of the instruments, so... maybe I'm totally off!? :lol: But yeah, I'll hold off until we get at least the drum machine and another synth.
flightONE wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Oquasec wrote:
30 Aug 2018
how strange is it that caustic looks like reason 3?
Everything about Caustic points to the dev being a massive Reason fan that got tired of waiting for Props to port Reason to iOS, and did the best that he could come up with himself instead. That said, I find it painful to look at compared to Reason Compact's approach. I really like how Europa (Compact)'s panels are accessed, and just how everything looks UX/GUI-wise. I'm interested to see how other Reason instruments translate to Compact.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ljekio

30 Aug 2018

Resonator wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Oquasec wrote:
30 Aug 2018
Between reason compact & FL Studio mobile, the winner is Gadget.
:mrgreen:
I would like Europa to be added to the Korg Gadget much more than RC :)

aeox
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
30 Aug 2018
aeox wrote:
30 Aug 2018

I'm in no sense of the word a 'performer' so using the phone with the focused interface is

a) more fun
b) quicker
c) more productive due to its clean interface and lack of distraction

That's the reasons, creating the song on a phone is better for me :)
I can see Reason compact being cool as a live instrument possibly.. I'll have to see how it evolves in the coming years to truly judge it.

I'm not a performer either. For me, there is nothing more fun than having all the tools I need at my disposal to achieve the sound in my head, or for experimenting. If it turned into something similar to FL mobile, where I could complete a whole track idea, that would be great. That would make me actually buy an apple product for once! :P

joeyluck

30 Aug 2018

Just a friendly reminder to follow the rules. We do not tolerate personal attacks. And best to not reference those personal attacks. Just move on. Talk about using the app here. There is a another thread for feature suggestions. If your comments don't fall into the categories of hands-on usage and constructive criticism / feature suggestions, probably best for you to find something better to do with your time.

EnochLight

21 Sep 2018

Well this is pretty cool - a decent live performance from a band utilizing Reason Compact in the performance:

Undistraction

21 Sep 2018

I'm pretty sure he was just texting his mum.

EnochLight

21 Sep 2018

Undistraction wrote:
21 Sep 2018
I'm pretty sure he was just texting his mum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sot

23 Sep 2018

I tried reason compact and it's too limited to be called reason yet like others have said but i like the virtual keys and europa synth, i hope would be expanded to be a real reason compact so you can export to reason desktop more complete projects, the seq window scrolling lags very much on my ipad pro 12.9 1st gen.
:reason: 10

EnochLight

23 Sep 2018

sot wrote:
23 Sep 2018
I tried reason compact and it's too limited to be called reason yet like others have said but i like the virtual keys and europa synth, i hope would be expanded to be a real reason compact so you can export to reason desktop more complete projects, the seq window scrolling lags very much on my ipad pro 12.9 1st gen.
It will eventually have drums and more instruments, no worries. It's probably going to be some time before it matures into what we all want, though (and I'm sure there will always be a vocal group who hates it).

• Information