Reason 10.2 with workflow improvements. - OUT NOW

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
selig
RE Developer

26 Sep 2018

MrFigg wrote:I want a toggle button.
I totally agree - from the first mention of the feature I have suggested to the Props they add it to the Stop button as a “command/click” or similar (with a graphic to indicate the current mode). That way you see which mode it’s in, located in a place that relates directly to it’s function. Maybe next version?

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

BRIGGS

26 Sep 2018

:clap: 10.2
r11s

OverneathTheSkyBridg

26 Sep 2018

Great update! I was worried about that Tutorial side bar until someone pointed out how to remove it in the Options menu. It would actually be nice to have the Mixer attached to that side of the Reason window to quickly pop out and adjust levels.

rgdaniel

26 Sep 2018

selig wrote:
26 Sep 2018
The way I currently work-around this limitation in Reason is to put the Left marker where I want it, then use the “1” key to accomplish the same thing (repeatedly start from the same position without having to stop first), so at least there’s that.
Well isn't THAT handy. I guess that's new? No, probably been there for decades... I DO, for the record, "RTFM" -- but in my defense, the "R" does not always stand for "Remember"... :puf_smile:

esselfortium

26 Sep 2018

What I've done for years is just double-tap 0 on the numpad. The first press stops playback and the second press goes back to the playhead's previous position. Pressing a third time goes back to the song's start.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

26 Sep 2018

esselfortium wrote:
26 Sep 2018
What I've done for years is just double-tap 0 on the numpad. The first press stops playback and the second press goes back to the playhead's previous position. Pressing a third time goes back to the song's start.
Same.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

26 Sep 2018

EnochLight wrote:
26 Sep 2018
esselfortium wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Same.
Yup this is what I used to do when I had a number pad. Now I do it using my controller or just click the stop button...Or as Rob pointed out, which is given with the tooltip, is shift+enter.

For me personally, it makes more sense for me to to not use this new preference and just be able to control with number of clicks what I want to happen, rather than losing that control and having to switch the preference.

Noplan
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2018

Is "add device +" just an alternative for the right mouse click?

selig
RE Developer

26 Sep 2018

esselfortium wrote:What I've done for years is just double-tap 0 on the numpad. The first press stops playback and the second press goes back to the playhead's previous position. Pressing a third time goes back to the song's start.
Or just click the “decimal” key on the keypad to go directly to the top without even having to press stop first.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

26 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2018
EnochLight wrote:
26 Sep 2018

Same.
Yup this is what I used to do when I had a number pad. Now I do it using my controller or just click the stop button...Or as Rob pointed out, which is given with the tooltip, is shift+enter.

For me personally, it makes more sense for me to to not use this new preference and just be able to control with number of clicks what I want to happen, rather than losing that control and having to switch the preference.
Same here as well. Will probably leave that setting off as well.
Noplan wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Is "add device +" just an alternative for the right mouse click?
Yes it is.

Btw I've noticed a slight performance increase on a song with VSTs. Just yesterday the DSP meter was at 4 bars, now it's at 3. Looking forward to the intentional optimization update.

joeyluck

26 Sep 2018

QVprod wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Btw I've noticed a slight performance increase on a song with VSTs. Just yesterday the DSP meter was at 4 bars, now it's at 3. Looking forward to the intentional optimization update.
Hmmm...Did you update anything between today and yesterday? OS? Drivers?

Someone during the beta reported improved performance over 10.1, however, it turned out to be attributed to a driver update.

That said, I guess ya never know what small changes here or there with Reason could affect positively or negatively the large assortment of VSTs. Which VSTs in particular?

Noplan
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2018

Yes it is.
It would be nice if the lettering disappears in the rack at the same time, when you disable the tutorial bar. Because both are just a newbie features that you never need again very quickly.

antic604

26 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Someone during the beta reported improved performance over 10.1, however, it turned out to be attributed to a driver update.
That's pretty impossible as the beta was logged and it run much slower than normal version.

selig
RE Developer

26 Sep 2018

antic604 wrote:
26 Sep 2018
joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2018
That's pretty impossible as the beta was logged and it run much slower than normal version.
This happened during the final non-logging phase, which is always at the end of the testing period so users can test performance accurately.
Selig Audio, LLC

drloop

26 Sep 2018

I have a feeling that R10.2 have a little better perfomance compared to 10.1. Anyone else?

Loque

26 Sep 2018

drloop wrote:
26 Sep 2018
I have a feeling that R10.2 have a little better perfomance compared to 10.1. Anyone else?
Hum...not really...i actually just have a patch loaded in Europa and eXpanse and 1 DSP bar, there is nothing playing, just loaded. 5ghz i8086.

Ok...it goes down after a while, after the 6s Reverb in eXpanse was finally fading out :-D
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

26 Sep 2018

I get no difference in performance between 10.1 and 10.2.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

26 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
26 Sep 2018
QVprod wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Hmmm...Did you update anything between today and yesterday? OS? Drivers?

That said, I guess ya never know what small changes here or there with Reason could affect positively or negatively the large assortment of VSTs. Which VSTs in particular?
Nope no updates. Still running Yosemite on the computer in question. 2 instances of Komplete Kontrol (kontakt libraries), Analog Lab 3, Xpand!2, Orchestral Companion Strings, Battery 4, and Ample Bass II lite. I'm sure whatever changed was inadvertent.

two shoes

26 Sep 2018

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
26 Sep 2018
Great update! I was worried about that Tutorial side bar until someone pointed out how to remove it in the Options menu. It would actually be nice to have the Mixer attached to that side of the Reason window to quickly pop out and adjust levels.
I’d really like this too. The SSL mixer is so long vertically I’d love to have the option to make it a collapsible vertical window like the browser but on the right hand side. On a big enough monitor or a laptop you can have the rack and sequencer in the middle flanked by the browser left and a few channels of the mixer or the master and sends on the right - single screen environment like Traktion or Bitwig. At the very least this should be an option. Can’t be that hard to add can it?

antic604

27 Sep 2018

two shoes wrote:
26 Sep 2018
OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
26 Sep 2018
I’d really like this too. The SSL mixer is so long vertically I’d love to have the option to make it a collapsible vertical window like the browser but on the right hand side. On a big enough monitor or a laptop you can have the rack and sequencer in the middle flanked by the browser left and a few channels of the mixer or the master and sends on the right - single screen environment like Traktion or Bitwig. At the very least this should be an option. Can’t be that hard to add can it?
THAT would be awesome!

antic604

27 Sep 2018

selig wrote:
26 Sep 2018
antic604 wrote:
26 Sep 2018

This happened during the final non-logging phase, which is always at the end of the testing period so users can test performance accurately.
Oh, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks! :)

dan_g

27 Sep 2018

question regarding the "tutorial" pane. can i just hide it with the options so its narrow to the right side or could i also remove it completly? remove it completly would be a far better option imo.

and while im at the pane stuff. i would be great if you could deattach the browser like the mixer so its floating. but i guess thats just a dream XD
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Loque

27 Sep 2018

dan_g wrote:
27 Sep 2018
question regarding the "tutorial" pane. can i just hide it with the options so its narrow to the right side or could i also remove it completly? remove it completly would be a far better option imo.

and while im at the pane stuff. i would be great if you could deattach the browser like the mixer so its floating. but i guess thats just a dream XD
You can completely remove the Tutorials window from the options menu.

And yes, you can dream on...
Reason12, Win10

dan_g

27 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2018

You can completely remove the Tutorials window from the options menu.

And yes, you can dream on...
ok i will have to try that later when i come home from work. because yesterday i only got it to minimize :)

thanks
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

zumBeispiel

27 Sep 2018

Here:
Tutorial.jpg

• Information