Recording guitar through Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
cartelli

22 Aug 2018

Hey guys, brand new to the board but I've been using Reason for years now. In the past I have never had an issue connecting my guitar and being able to use it without issue via Audio Track. I have always used a simple m-audio MobilePre without a problem. I recently upgraded to 10 and I am having the hardest time getting my guitar to work. I am seeing the output from the guitar register on both the mixer and audio track but nothing is coming through my headphones and even if I try to playback the music I have previously recorded that I want to now record guitar tracks over, I am hearing nothing. Any help here on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

Hi i am not sure if this is same problem but when i started recording vocals/guitar i have to click the button on the audio track in the sequencer (next to arm record/arm automation) to hear any inputs.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

Arm it and click on the speaker icon :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

+1 for mr figg above it is the speaker icon. I couldnt remember what icon it is, i could only remembe it goes green when activated

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

Popey wrote:
23 Aug 2018
+1 for mr figg above it is the speaker icon. I couldnt remember what icon it is, i could only remembe it goes green when activated
I’ve been there like at least 5 times ha ha. Keep taking breaks from Reason then not being able to figure out why I can’t hear the guitar :):):). I’ll probably ask the same question myself on this forum in a few years :):):).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

cartelli

23 Aug 2018

Even with the speaker green I am not hearing anything except for my mouse clicking haha. Its really strange. I see it reading but just get no sound and on top of it, it changes the vocal track to then be part of the m-audio which isn't the case and literally nothing at all plays.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

cartelli wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Even with the speaker green I am not hearing anything except for my mouse clicking haha. Its really strange. I see it reading but just get no sound and on top of it, it changes the vocal track to then be part of the m-audio which isn't the case and literally nothing at all plays.
Maybe something to do with the monitoring options in preferences? Try mucking about there.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
23 Aug 2018
cartelli wrote:
23 Aug 2018
Maybe something to do with the monitoring options in preferences? Try mucking about there.
This will be your culprit. I'm not in front of my laptop right now but when I first used Reason to record guitars I was greeted with the same scenario. There's something within the monitoring options that needs a simple change and all of your wildest dreams will then come true.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
23 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
23 Aug 2018

This will be your culprit. I'm not in front of my laptop right now but when I first used Reason to record guitars I was greeted with the same scenario. There's something within the monitoring options that needs a simple change and all of your wildest dreams will then come true.
Set monitoring to "automatic" in the audio window in preferences. Should work :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information