Organizing devices

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Harlin

18 Aug 2018

Sorry this is probably a really dumb question, but in previous versions, I used to be able to create one device (Combinator) and manage all my devices with one click, now with Mix tracks (Reason 10), I have to click twice, first to minimize the Mix track, second to minimize the actual instruments. is this just how it is or am I being dim...(likely)..

Thanks

Loque

18 Aug 2018

The Mix Channel is like a device, so yes. But it works quite close as a Combinator, so you can put your devices in it if you like.
Reason12, Win10

Harlin

18 Aug 2018

So its okay to put Instruments in the send effects section? thats the only way I can see to 'Combine' them.

BRIGGS

18 Aug 2018

I completely understand....I'm tempted to toss the mix channels to another column and just use combinators in the main view.
r11s

selig
RE Developer

18 Aug 2018

Harlin wrote:So its okay to put Instruments in the send effects section? thats the only way I can see to 'Combine' them.
If you mean the inserts, for instrument you’ll loose the ability to play them stacked (you can still play them individually), and you’ll loose all the splits (key range) and performance settings.

So not necessarily ideal as a combinator replacement, but if you’re not stacking instruments or using the programmer it’s fine.
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information