What happened to New Atlantis Audio?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

14 Aug 2018

New Atlantis Audio had changed products and websites many times over the last couple of years but now it seems to have totally disappeared. Why?

New Atlantis Audio - http://newatlantisaudio.com

Loque

14 Aug 2018

Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

Brilliant refills. Some of the best. He was running a type of subscription thing for a while with access to a new refill download every month. Wonder what happened to that.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

motuscott

14 Aug 2018

The subscription didn't last long and my money was returned with apologies. Not sure what the problem was.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2018

motuscott wrote: ↑
14 Aug 2018
The subscription didn't last long and my money was returned with apologies. Not sure what the problem was.
Yeah. He seemed like a very decent guy in that respect. I seem to remember a long email outlining personal problems. Hope he’s ok now.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

miscend

27 Feb 2019

The refill market died when rack extensions came along. I can't remember the last time I was excited about a new refill coming out. These days there is not so many new interesting refills being made. New Atlantis were one of the best when they were still actively developing refills.

Anyways Newatlantis audio used to collaborate with Moonecho audio who make a similar style of high quality refills. Check them out.

https://www.moonechoaudio.com/

Aosta

27 Feb 2019

Have all the NA refills. Top quality stuff with some unique patches, I would buy a new refill from him no problem.
Tend the flame

eusti

27 Feb 2019

miscend wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2019
Anyways Newatlantis audio used to collaborate with Moonecho audio who make a similar style of high quality refills. Check them out.

I'm still not really cool with how their Hazewave contest went over when that refill was released... So, I personally stay clear of them now.

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2019

eusti wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2019
27 Feb 2019

I'm still not really cool with how their Hazewave contest went over when that refill was released... So, I personally stay clear of them now.

D.
How DID it go over? Curious :).
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

eusti

27 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2019
27 Feb 2019

D.
I could try to sum up the gist of things, but was looking for the thread on here to let you decide... But it seems to have gone by now... Anyways... It was a bit strange... I think in the early days there wasn't much of a clear structure of how to do contests around here yet... So, for me the whole scenario left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth... But I don't buy many refills anyways...

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2019

27 Feb 2019
27 Feb 2019

I could try to sum up the gist of things, but was looking for the thread on here to let you decide... But it seems to have gone by now... Anyways... It was a bit strange... I think in the early days there wasn't much of a clear structure of how to do contests around here yet... So, for me the whole scenario left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth... But I don't buy many refills anyways...

D.
Hmm. I just registered on their site to get an email link to some free demo packs. Nothing came. Hmm.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

eusti

27 Feb 2019

27 Feb 2019

Hmm. I just registered on their site to get an email link to some free demo packs. Nothing came. Hmm.
Maybe there is something in your spam folder?

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2019

27 Feb 2019
27 Feb 2019

Maybe there is something in your spam folder?

D.
Thanks. But no. Already checked.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

eusti

27 Feb 2019

27 Feb 2019
Maybe they're doing this by hand... Sorry to hear!

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2019

27 Feb 2019
27 Feb 2019
Maybe they're doing this by hand... Sorry to hear!

D.
That’s a possibility. Cheers
I just thought I’d check ’em our seeing as how they got mentioned in the same breath as NAA :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

howtobecalm

06 Feb 2020

could we have an update , i see his refills are for sale now on props and selz but quite pricy anyone have him for contact , so i could ask him for a sale code ? by the way moon echo refills are sick !

VIVIsect

06 Feb 2020

Off topic, but this reminds me that I wish Bitword was still around. That guy made some of my absolute favorite libraries. I've used that old Sonic Data refill in countless tracks.

howtobecalm

06 Feb 2020

VIVIsect wrote: ↑
06 Feb 2020
Off topic, but this reminds me that I wish Bitword was still around. That guy made some of my absolute favorite libraries. I've used that old Sonic Data refill in countless tracks.
i got bitword wavefront , no way to contact him now though his email is dead shame man

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

Took a notion and had a snoop to see if there was any sign of NAA...found this!!!

https://newatlantisaudio.gumroad.com/l/minimoog
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

integerpoet

28 Aug 2022

27 Feb 2019
The refill market died when rack extensions came along.
I certainly don't dispute history and facts and stuff.

But I wonder why refills wouldn''t have continued on at least until Reason+ started.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2022

integerpoet wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2022
27 Feb 2019
The refill market died when rack extensions came along.
I certainly don't dispute history and facts and stuff.

But I wonder why refills wouldn''t have continued on at least until Reason+ started.
Yeah, maybe it did die but the awesome refills are still awesome. Maustaste and NAA being just two of the greats.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information