Can anyone show me how to make a supersaw?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
decoder

16 Aug 2018

househoppin09 wrote:
16 Aug 2018
selig, your "JP-8001" Reaktor ensemble looks very tantalizing! Do you think you'd be able to figure out the feedback oscillator nowadays? The world sorely needs a proper JP8k emulation... ;)

Seriously though, supersaw emulations are a dime a dozen, but I'd gladly plunk down some change to have a full JP8k ITB.
A resounding YES to this!!! Especially a decent feedback oscillator recreation...
I've tried to mimic it occasionally and failed miserably every time!

BRIGGS

17 Aug 2018

Look! an android supersaw. ...not to bad!
Screenshot_2018-08-17-20-45-11.png
Screenshot_2018-08-17-20-45-11.png (691.55 KiB) Viewed 804 times
r11s

MikkoL

18 Aug 2018

Hey!
Well this is not exactly what are you looking for, but did try to make supersaw sound with Europa.
Just woke up. So its not perfect. Need to drink more coffee first :)
No external fx or eq used.
Maybe too much eq on high end. Dont like the sound when filter is full open.

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2018

I'm of the JP-8080 school of supersaws, so I like mine fizzy and bright and squelchy when the filter closes. Europa does an ok version of it, particularly with the SV LP12DB filter. Here is my 2nd, more JP attempt. This is one Europa with some drums and a coating of Arts Acoustic reverb:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

kitekrazy

18 Aug 2018

I wish I had learned how to use Reaktor. I think that would save a lot of soft synth purchases.

BRIGGS

18 Aug 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
18 Aug 2018
I wish I had learned how to use Reaktor. I think that would save a lot of soft synth purchases.
it's never too late...I'm thinking of diving in, myself.
r11s

selig
RE Developer

18 Aug 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:
18 Aug 2018
There are so many presets to get you started, and so many modules to build. You won’t have to build anything totally from scratch, and TBH modifying the existing synths is as much a dream come true for me as building my own ideas.

I mean, how many times do you wish there was just one more LFO, or that the envelope or LFO rate went just a little (or a lot) slower. It’s easy to change those attributes without even going into edit mode (simply by adjusting the parameters for the controls).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

BRIGGS

19 Aug 2018

selig wrote:
18 Aug 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
There are so many presets to get you started, and so many modules to build. You won’t have to build anything totally from scratch, and TBH modifying the existing synths is as much a dream come true for me as building my own ideas.

I mean, how many times do you wish there was just one more LFO, or that the envelope or LFO rate went just a little (or a lot) slower. It’s easy to change those attributes without even going into edit mode (simply by adjusting the parameters for the controls).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
BIG THANKS! I'm excited now! :puf_bigsmile:
r11s

• Information