Labelling a lane in a clip without first adding a label to the lane clip?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kenchiltk

07 Aug 2018

I've been looking for a way to label lanes in a clip.. say I create a drum clip, I create a lane for each drum/cymbal/percussion part, but there's no way to label each lane.

Today I noticed that if I select the lane clip and add a label to it, now all of a sudden I can add a label to the lane, but it only shows up when the clip on the lane has been labelled first.

Isn't there a way to get the lane label to show up always?

tiker01

07 Aug 2018

kenchiltk wrote:
07 Aug 2018
I've been looking for a way to label lanes in a clip.. say I create a drum clip, I create a lane for each drum/cymbal/percussion part, but there's no way to label each lane.

Today I noticed that if I select the lane clip and add a label to it, now all of a sudden I can add a label to the lane, but it only shows up when the clip on the lane has been labelled first.

Isn't there a way to get the lane label to show up always?
If you zoom in vertically you will se the name of the lanes ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

kenchiltk

07 Aug 2018

Ahh, now I get it hehe.

So the note lane label shows up when adding a label to the clip in the lane because that makes the lane a little bit taller and that's what's making the note lane label show up.

• Information