Organise Effects in a different way

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SimonPieman

07 Aug 2018

Is there any way I can organise all of my effects in a more logical way? I would like to organise by type (e.g. compressors, reverbs etc) rather than by Reason's, Manufacturer, default. I suspect the answer is no.

Thanks

Simon

antic604

07 Aug 2018

SimonPieman wrote:
07 Aug 2018
Is there any way I can organise all of my effects in a more logical way? I would like to organise by type (e.g. compressors, reverbs etc) rather than by Reason's, Manufacturer, default. I suspect the answer is no.

Thanks

Simon
You can create favourite folders in Browser and put devices, refills, samples, presets in them - that's the only way (for now).

Loque

07 Aug 2018

Make a feature request for "tagging" at Propellerhead!
Reason12, Win10

antic604

07 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
07 Aug 2018
For me it would be enough if search box worked across all categories, because right now I always need to actively think whether given device is an effect, utility or sometimes even an instrument (I think Korde, Propulsion and Little LFOs are in Instruments!). I typically know what I'm looking for, so make it easier for me to quickly find it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2018

Do the "favorite" thing that antic604 mentioned.

Adding your own favorite REs and categorize them exactly as you want is so much better compared to the old way. I've utilized this "favorites" feature ever since it was added to Reason. Now I don't have to look at a bunch of stock devices that I'll never use anyway and the ones I want are so much easier to find.

seqoi

07 Aug 2018

You can make favorites (as other said) as you wish. I am finding that feature alone so much worth!

I have categories:

Delays
Saturation
Sequencer
Track utils
Track compresion
Bus compresion
Reverbs
Modulation

And that's it.

Working like a charm. Very easy to drag and drop wanted tool.

SimonPieman

07 Aug 2018

Awesome, thanks, guys!

S

Loque

07 Aug 2018

antic604 wrote:
07 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
07 Aug 2018
For me it would be enough if search box worked across all categories, because right now I always need to actively think whether given device is an effect, utility or sometimes even an instrument (I think Korde, Propulsion and Little LFOs are in Instruments!). I typically know what I'm looking for, so make it easier for me to quickly find it.
I hear you... I would like to see tagging. When I type "reverb", i would also get the sweet reverb of Quad or the cool one from Resonance.
Reason12, Win10

groggy1

07 Aug 2018

seqoi wrote:
07 Aug 2018
You can make favorites (as other said) as you wish. I am finding that feature alone so much worth!

I have categories:

Delays
Saturation
Sequencer
Track utils
Track compresion
Bus compresion
Reverbs
Modulation

And that's it.

Working like a charm. Very easy to drag and drop wanted tool.
Great suggestion!

• Information