Mixing and eq help

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
braille

05 Aug 2018

I've gone through tips and techniques, watched hours of videos youtube, and I cannot get my my instruments to play well with each other.

Some are samples, some are midi. I have a sub sonic bass with a drum sample that does not play nice. Rolling off low end and reducing/boosting frequencies seems to destroy everything.

Does anyone on here eq/mix reason songs? Where can post my song so people can provide advice after listening to it?

Djstarski

05 Aug 2018

I`m going to take a guess and say you are eqing because you have seen guys doing it on youtube videos ? The question is do you know weather your instruments need eqing first ?What frequencies need adjustments and why . Feel the track your mixing don`t just listen to it .

FlowerSoldier

05 Aug 2018

You could throw it up on the Reason Music sub forum. That'd be the best place I'd imagine.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2018

Watching videos on mixing is good to get some information and advice, but it's just one part of it.

The big part is actually practising mixing. And that will take some time. Just be patient and you'll slowly get better with every song you make.

As has been mentioned already, post your song here or in the music category and it'll be easier for people to give advice.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2018

Thanks to Normen(I think) for showing me this video!
Last edited by aeox on 05 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2018

A lot of the stuff in the video are things you would probably learn on your own from just intuition and experimentation. When I watched the video at first, I had a decent understanding of what was being taught but it's really nice to have it illustrated especially for beginners; I wish I watched this video years ago so I didn't have to learn from trial and error! :P

• Information