Deal of the Week

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2019

Didn’t it? Was it €49 while it was still in the Rewards section? I don’t think so. I checked yesterday and for the day or so it was reduced it wasn’t there. Now it’s back up to €99 today it’s back in the Rewards section.
Yes, it was there up until this morning.
Maaaaaaan!!!!! So essentially free with a 50 voucher? Seriously though. I checked yesterday when I saw it discounted as I usually do with Reward REs just in case and it wasn’t there.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2019

Yep. Strangely enough it’s also taken its place again in the Rewards section. Hmm.
It never left the rewards section
Well thanks for telling the community in time.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2019

It never left the rewards section
Well thanks for telling the community in time.
S’what I thought. Especially in light of the fact that the majority of users here have had no use for their “rewards” points and that general opinion is that the whole system is a kick in the teeth.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

20 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2019

Yes, it was there up until this morning.
Maaaaaaan!!!!! So essentially free with a 50 voucher? Seriously though. I checked yesterday when I saw it discounted as I usually do with Reward REs just in case and it wasn’t there.
I had confirmed it with folks on Slack. But who knows how it would've actually been handled in the checkout process...for all we know people would've claimed their vouchers and then the system might've still said it deducted $50 or whatever from $99... I wouldn't trust quirks with a system that has expiring vouchers.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2019

I had confirmed it with folks on Slack. But who knows how it would've actually been handled in the checkout process...for all we know people would've claimed their vouchers and then the system might've still said it deducted $50 or whatever from $99... I wouldn't trust quirks with a system that has expiring vouchers.
Personally I’d have taken that chance. When the UJam REs showed as €49 in the Rewards section the vouchers worked. To me the whole points thing is completely worthless so this might have been an unexpected bonus. I guess there’s no point thinking about it now.
Last edited by MrFigg on 20 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

Well, I would have taken the gamble, joey. Since the points are useless otherwise.

If the vouchers were applicable, then it says a lot about PH, too. Killing the deal just a day later. Probably a slip-up. "Sorry, we didn't want to actually reward you with anything".

Why else would they cancel the "Deal of the week" :?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

boingy

20 Aug 2019

Do you get the impression that they are not entirely in control of their shop? Maybe still ironing bugs out of it since the recent revamp.

Easywork

20 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
13 Aug 2018
This has probably already been said too much (by me mostly) but the last two deals of the week have come out of the Rewards section. So...is it going to be like this? Just thinking of those who used their voucher to buy Layers Waves or Audio Cart. I know it’s the same thing as when you’ve bought other stuff for full price then it goes on sale but c’mon. Saying that, maybe it’s just me.
Hi there - Not sure if this is relevant, but I just had an issue with using vouchers on discounted items. These items aren’t supposed to be available in the Rewards shop, but I recently saw one in there and tried to buy it with a voucher. It got denied, but the voucher was activated anyway, even though I couldn’t do the purchase. PH support sorted it all out, but in future I’ll be sure not to try to buy anything already discounted which appears in the rewards store!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

Easywork wrote:
20 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
13 Aug 2018
This has probably already been said too much (by me mostly) but the last two deals of the week have come out of the Rewards section. So...is it going to be like this? Just thinking of those who used their voucher to buy Layers Waves or Audio Cart. I know it’s the same thing as when you’ve bought other stuff for full price then it goes on sale but c’mon. Saying that, maybe it’s just me.
Hi there - Not sure if this is relevant, but I just had an issue with using vouchers on discounted items. These items aren’t supposed to be available in the Rewards shop, but I recently saw one in there and tried to buy it with a voucher. It got denied, but the voucher was activated anyway, even though I couldn’t do the purchase. PH support sorted it all out, but in future I’ll be sure not to try to buy anything already discounted which appears in the rewards store!
Thanks. Yeah. That was an old post of mine you quoted but you’ve maybe cleared up the current ambiguity. I assume you’re talking about Umpf! Right? In any case I am now no longer indignant as a consumer haha :). My Rewards Points can sit where they are and rot until they expire. Thanks.
Last edited by MrFigg on 20 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
20 Aug 2019
Do you get the impression that they are not entirely in control of their shop? Maybe still ironing bugs out of it since the recent revamp.
Whatever this is, it's incredibly unprofessional. As a company, the shop is literally the one thing you want to operate without any disturbances. Even more so if it's the ONLY place where you can sell your shit.

Easywork

21 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Aug 2019
boingy wrote:
20 Aug 2019
Whatever this is, it's incredibly unprofessional. As a company, the shop is literally the one thing you want to operate without any disturbances. Even more so if it's the ONLY place where you can sell your shit.
That is a fair point!

antic604

21 Aug 2019

So why there's no Deal of The Week this week? Is it not a 'week'? Or is there something else coming?

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
21 Aug 2019
So why there's no Deal of The Week this week? Is it not a 'week'? Or is there something else coming?
See above.

antic604

21 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
21 Aug 2019
See above.
Oh, they're perfectly able to get their shit together when they want to sell us something. That's not it :)

MannequinRaces

21 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
21 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
21 Aug 2019
See above.
Oh, they're perfectly able to get their shit together when they want to sell us something. That's not it :)
+1

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2019

So what is this now? 3rd Week without a Deal of the Week? Are Propellerheads making sure people are saving their cash for the upgrade?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

02 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Sep 2019
So what is this now? 3rd Week without a Deal of the Week? Are Propellerheads making sure people are saving their cash for the upgrade?
Or perhaps knowing that many people are holding off with purchases waiting for R11, and they don't want to place devs in a slot where they know they may not sell well?

Could also be that there aren't any devs interested in doing Deal of the Week at the moment?

eusti

02 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2019
Or perhaps knowing that many people are holding off with purchases waiting for R11, and they don't want to place devs in a slot where they know they may not sell well?

Could also be that there aren't any devs interested in doing Deal of the Week at the moment?
I thought the general consensus (in other places, not here on ReasonTalk) was that people liked what was announced...

D.

joeyluck

02 Sep 2019

eusti wrote:
02 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2019

I thought the general consensus (in other places, not here on ReasonTalk) was that people liked what was announced...

D.
Yeah from what I've seen on Facebook, people are excited. So yeah, maybe not the best time to try a Rack Extension sale?

PGR

02 Sep 2019

Or busy preparing a new website/shop when they go from Propellerheads to Reason Studios.

PGR

02 Sep 2019

I will upgrade to the Reason Suite-version but the PX7 FM Synthesizer is not included. Why not give that RE a Deal of the Week?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
02 Sep 2019

Yep. Three possible reasons.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Dosenhirn

02 Sep 2019

So I will continue dreaming about a sale on jps percussion and pandas psq.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2019

Dosenhirn wrote:
02 Sep 2019
So I will continue dreaming about a sale on jps percussion and pandas psq.
Black Friday man. Hang in there.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

02 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
02 Sep 2019
All the devs and the PH shop staff are busy playing with their other DAWs <cough, cough>

• Information