Deal of the Week

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2018

Hey I figured we could start a thread about this that we could pin, since we know it's a regular occurring promotion, and it can serve as a reminder to us all to check out the Deal of the Week and talk about it (and keep tabs on what has been featured).

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 Aug 2018

Week of July 30 - August 5

This week, with only a few days left on sale, is the JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nthesizer/

On sale for $45, normally priced at $89

Bluenote
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Jul 2018

Post 04 Aug 2018

Do they ever offer to upgrade Reason with somekind of a deal? ive seen full version sale with something like 250usd or close .Update was still 125, at that moment being half of the full version, seemed really weird to update, ever since to be honest.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 06 Aug 2018

Bluenote wrote:
04 Aug 2018
Do they ever offer to upgrade Reason with somekind of a deal? ive seen full version sale with something like 250usd or close .Update was still 125, at that moment being half of the full version, seemed really weird to update, ever since to be honest.
Yes, the update has been discounted a few times in the past

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 06 Aug 2018

Week of August 6 - August 12

Layers Wave Edition
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... e-edition/

On sale for $49, normally priced at $99

Matt van K
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 May 2018

Post 12 Aug 2018

A few words about the Deals. I bought Tectonic a little time ago and get punished by now. 9 Euro by now and bought it for 39.
It's okay if you do that but don't forget the few who are not waiting for years to get the deal. I have ABL Bassline and Devastor on my radar and it doesn't matter if i buy both to the current price because i think it's represent the development time. But it's hard to understand and consequences could be a less Investment in Future.

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2093
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 12 Aug 2018

Matt van K wrote:
12 Aug 2018
A few words about the Deals. I bought Tectonic a little time ago and get punished by now. 9 Euro by now and bought it for 39.
It's okay if you do that but don't forget the few who are not waiting for years to get the deal. I have ABL Bassline and Devastor on my radar and it doesn't matter if i buy both to the current price because i think it's represent the development time. But it's hard to understand and consequences could be a less Investment in Future.
I'm no expert in online sales or marketing, but I think it goes a bit like this: First you do an intro price to get people talking and momentum going. Then you go to the price that you think will get you at least a decent return of investment for the time you put into developing the RE... After a while sales will drop as most people who want to buy the RE at that price already have bought it... Then you do a sale to round up some more people to buy the product... As you said it is about possibly less investment from the developers' side as well... If they find the investment of their time no longer rewarded properly they might stop putting their time / resources into creating the goodies we want...

Just my thoughts as a non developer.

D.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1405
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 13 Aug 2018

Week 13-19 August: Super Audio Cart, EUR49

Image

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... udio-cart/
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MrFigg
Posts: 745
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 13 Aug 2018

This has probably already been said too much (by me mostly) but the last two deals of the week have come out of the Rewards section. So...is it going to be like this? Just thinking of those who used their voucher to buy Layers Waves or Audio Cart. I know it’s the same thing as when you’ve bought other stuff for full price then it goes on sale but c’mon. Saying that, maybe it’s just me.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1405
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 13 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
13 Aug 2018
This has probably already been said too much (by me mostly) but the last two deals of the week have come out of the Rewards section. So...is it going to be like this? Just thinking of those who used their voucher to buy Layers Waves or Audio Cart. I know it’s the same thing as when you’ve bought other stuff for full price then it goes on sale but c’mon. Saying that, maybe it’s just me.
Hope not. I'm not interested in any of their Rewards items (well, maybe VK-2 but I'm not sure my CPU can handle it :D)
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MrFigg
Posts: 745
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 13 Aug 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
13 Aug 2018
This has probably already been said too much (by me mostly) but the last two deals of the week have come out of the Rewards section. So...is it going to be like this? Just thinking of those who used their voucher to buy Layers Waves or Audio Cart. I know it’s the same thing as when you’ve bought other stuff for full price then it goes on sale but c’mon. Saying that, maybe it’s just me.
Hope not. I'm not interested in any of their Rewards items (well, maybe VK-2 but I'm not sure my CPU can handle it :D)
Wait until you’ve got a new pc. By that time VK- 2 will have been in the Black Friday sale for €29 and the VST will be free ha ha :).

strangers
Posts: 433
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 13 Aug 2018

Looks like patience worked in my favor. Currently demoing Super Audio Cart and nearly used my reward discount on it this past weekend. Now I can get it for the same price while retaining my reward. I'm sure I would have been salty if I had used my voucher only to see this pop up a couple days later.

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2093
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 13 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
13 Aug 2018
Looks like patience worked in my favor. Currently demoing Super Audio Cart and nearly used my reward discount on it this past weekend. Now I can get it for the same price while retaining my reward. I'm sure I would have been salty if I had used my voucher only to see this pop up a couple days later.
I could definitely see being upset in that case too! :P

D.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 13 Aug 2018

eusti wrote:
13 Aug 2018
strangers wrote:
13 Aug 2018
Looks like patience worked in my favor. Currently demoing Super Audio Cart and nearly used my reward discount on it this past weekend. Now I can get it for the same price while retaining my reward. I'm sure I would have been salty if I had used my voucher only to see this pop up a couple days later.
I could definitely see being upset in that case too! :P

D.
Yeah, but probably not as upset as someone who paid 50% and then watched many people be able to get it for free with a sale + rewards points.

I don't know how Rewards store items and Deal of the Week are decided and scheduled...it's true that the timing might not be the best. Perhaps there should be a small buffer of time between an item leaving the Rewards shop and then being on sale...

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 473
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 14 Aug 2018

I think the reward coupon system might work better if the coupon would be an (additional) percentage off of the current (sale) price.
Last edited by jam-s on 14 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

strangers
Posts: 433
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 14 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
13 Aug 2018
Yeah, but probably not as upset as someone who paid 50% and then watched many people be able to get it for free with a sale + rewards points.

I don't know how Rewards store items and Deal of the Week are decided and scheduled...it's true that the timing might not be the best. Perhaps there should be a small buffer of time between an item leaving the Rewards shop and then being on sale...
Did that really happen? I thought the vouchers aren't valid for sale items?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
14 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
13 Aug 2018
Yeah, but probably not as upset as someone who paid 50% and then watched many people be able to get it for free with a sale + rewards points.

I don't know how Rewards store items and Deal of the Week are decided and scheduled...it's true that the timing might not be the best. Perhaps there should be a small buffer of time between an item leaving the Rewards shop and then being on sale...
Did that really happen? I thought the vouchers aren't valid for sale items?
They're not...well on sale items are removed from the Rewards shop. That was the point I was making.

strangers
Posts: 433
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 14 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
14 Aug 2018
They're not...well on sale items are removed from the Rewards shop. That was the point I was making.
I got ya. What threw me off was this line,

"Yeah, but probably not as upset as someone who paid 50% and then watched many people be able to get it for free with a sale + rewards points."

I interpreted that as a glitched event where some were able to use a voucher while on sale making it free. My multi-tasking skills aren't always top notch :lol: even though I'll act like they are.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1405
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 20 Aug 2018

VK-2 at 49EUR until 26th of August.

Doesn't get any better than this :)
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Aug 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 Aug 2018
VK-2 at 49EUR until 26th of August.

Doesn't get any better than this :)
Thanks for staying on top of this :)

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1405
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 20 Aug 2018

joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2018
antic604 wrote:
20 Aug 2018
VK-2 at 49EUR until 26th of August.

Doesn't get any better than this :)
Thanks for staying on top of this :)
Wish I wasn't. I thought there's no Deal of the Week today and got Go2 few hours before this offer went up. Now I really don't know what to do, because I always wanted to get vk-2 :) :D
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5724
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Aug 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 Aug 2018
joeyluck wrote:
20 Aug 2018


Thanks for staying on top of this :)
Wish I wasn't. I thought there's no Deal of the Week today and got Go2 few hours before this offer went up. Now I really don't know what to do, because I always wanted to get vk-2 :) :D
Go2 is awesome though!

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1405
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 10 Sep 2018

10-16 September - Arkana Granular Synth @ Eur 45

Image

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... lar-synth/
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1405
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 17 Sep 2018

Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 431
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post 25 Sep 2018

Circuit Bent Bundle
Meeker FX

Image

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... nt-bundle/

Deal of the Week - Save 50% until September 30!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], esselfortium, niclas, RobC, Undistraction and 5 guests