Do you think reason will ever get a better sampler?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EggplantTown

27 Jul 2018

sdst wrote:
27 Jul 2018
EggplantTown wrote:
27 Jul 2018

That's pretty stupid. Why would people not want more toys to play around with?
maybe they want a better sequencer, piano roll, mixer, things that you can't buy in the shop
Well I still don't see people complaining about a good sampler. It's definitely what reason is missing.

EggplantTown

27 Jul 2018

chaosroyale wrote:
27 Jul 2018
The overdue sampler upgrade is one of my bugbears. It could be done without even changing the fundamentals of the NN-XT.

One of the most basic and important features - one that has been common on samplers since the 90's - is a non-destructive loop crossfade with a customizable length (say, from a few milliseconds to 2 seconds). And complete automatable control over the start and end loop points. And of course more CV inputs and automation for the existing parameters.

A better visual sample editor could be completely new instead of shoehorned into NN-XT, opening a new window. As others have said, more filters, an FM knob and more modulation would put it into outer space if they wanted to really make jaws drop, but purely concentrating on the "sampler" part, I think the loops and automation would make a huge difference.

An up-to-date NN-XT would be a badass sampler for people who need something a little lighter than Kontakt. Right now, NN-XT does some heavy lifting in my percussion setup but it is starting to creak and groan, and more and more I look at Kontakt and think it might be time to move.
Amen to that brother.

I would still prefer if they just made another beast like the grain sample manipulator with a lot more functionality than just the basic functions you mentioned. Like the second part you mentioned.

Loque

27 Jul 2018

EggplantTown wrote:
27 Jul 2018
Loque wrote:
27 Jul 2018

Thats my opinion. Sorry if it does not fit your opinion and your religion. God damn...
So do you think reason should stop being updated? because everything else is just luxury. We pretty much have everything we need to produce good music.

and what does religion have to do with anything?
I do not know what do you interpret in my statements, but i already recognized your way of talking. So i let you alone here...
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

27 Jul 2018

My thing is still just simple time-stretching, so we can have samples' duration not be dependent on pitch. Thankfully I've got TAL now, but this should've been in NN-19, let alone NN-XT.

Marc Swing

27 Jul 2018

I would LOVE to have a sampler like this native in Reason.

kitekrazy

28 Jul 2018

When Live users have Kontakt, they never touch Sampler.

scratchnsnifff

28 Jul 2018

AzureEyes wrote:
27 Jul 2018
No because people cry too much when Propellerhead add new Native Devices!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sad reacts only
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

28 Jul 2018

Timmy Crowne wrote:
27 Jul 2018
chaosroyale wrote:
27 Jul 2018
The overdue sampler upgrade is one of my bugbears. It could be done without even changing the fundamentals of the NN-XT.

One of the most basic and important features - one that has been common on samplers since the 90's - is a non-destructive loop crossfade with a customizable length (say, from a few milliseconds to 2 seconds). And complete automatable control over the start and end loop points. And of course more CV inputs and automation for the existing parameters.

A better visual sample editor could be completely new instead of shoehorned into NN-XT, opening a new window. As others have said, more filters, an FM knob and more modulation would put it into outer space if they wanted to really make jaws drop, but purely concentrating on the "sampler" part, I think the loops and automation would make a huge difference.

An up-to-date NN-XT would be a badass sampler for people who need something a little lighter than Kontakt. Right now, NN-XT does some heavy lifting in my percussion setup but it is starting to creak and groan, and more and more I look at Kontakt and think it might be time to move.
+1000 times this.

An additional idea would be to allow the new NNXT to "read" each sample and re-synthesize it similar to how Europa does with the harmonic modulation section, especially the "Random Gain" setting. That would allow each time a sample is triggered to sound different. No more machine guns, even with only one sample!
Hell yeah, it would be cool to see the props do their take on something like alchemy!

Sampler but with synthesis (main focus on sampler functionality)
Mod matrix, 3-4 oscillators but each oscillator can have layers or zones

Analog modeled filters
Harmonic modifier

The ability to have the organic samples mixed with the customization of resynthisis would make a beautiful synth

I think something like this would surpass the nnxt and parsec. I’d like it to be a staple feature in a major update but Wouldn’t mind paying as a rack extension :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

AzureEyes

18 Sep 2018

I honestly do hope we get an M Class update before a new Sampler. That's the main reason ( no pun intended ) why I use Live more then Reason. The EQ is leagues better. The mixer EQ is alright but I prefer layering EQs and EQ8 is the best native EQ out there. Hopefully the look at that! People always seem to complain when new devices are added though. Like with Europa and Grain people were furious!

Namyo85

18 Sep 2018

I'd like the NN-XT to be fully automatable and have more cv inputs. If the NN-19 can have this I don't see why the NN-XT can't. Also a small mod matrix where you could assign perhaps up to 4, or even 8 cv inputs to different parameters. The 19 would benefit from multi layers as the XT has.

devilfish

19 Sep 2018

A Sampler like the Octatrack, with Realtime Timestrech and Pitchshift, please!

bik44

19 Sep 2018

There is so much to do in this software that I do not know, maybe 2021 :) For now, Bitwig 2.4 has just received a great sampler :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Creativemind

20 Sep 2018

+1 here for an NN-XT2 or NN-XTra. Great name that latter one. Make it the best darn native sampler in any daw with many of the things stated above.
Last edited by Creativemind on 21 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

chaosroyale

20 Sep 2018

"NN-XTra"

+1,000,000 for this
Creativemind wrote:
20 Sep 2018
+1 here for an NN-XT2 or NN-XTra. Great name that latter one. Make it the best darn native sampler in any daw with many of the things stated above.

EdGrip

21 Sep 2018

An easy, visual sampler that encourages playfulness is what Reason needs. Simpler is a brilliant device - Props could make a better one! :D

Undistraction

21 Sep 2018

I think at this point they've effectively handicapped themselves by limiting their own RE development to using the SDK which is by all accounts quite limiting. I'm not sure whether it would be possible to build an advanced sampler based on the SDK, otherwise why haven't we seen this already from other developers?

I think this is why we are getting lots of similar looking and sounding synths and variations on the same old FX in the shop. The SDK needs to offer more to allow developers (and Propellerhead) to tread new ground.

I also think this is another reason by their bungled mobile development is so problematic - because it acts as a drag on RE capabilities. They are clearly pursuing some kind of write once, publish anywhere strategy for REs, but this will mean keeping RE performance (and therefore SDK features) limited in scope to cope with mobile processors. I mean they can't even get Reason performance sorted on Mac desktops at the moment.

Iapetus 9

24 Sep 2018

NN-XTra...perfect. It is getting a little long in tooth. That said, a long while ago, I used the Reason Drum Kits refill templates to create complete Analogue Drums kits, and these are still lighter on CPU than Kontakt...on my machine. I still like programming in the NNXT...even if it's rusty.
38L > 51D every time.

devilfish

25 Sep 2018

Reason needs a Sampler with realtime Pitchshift and Timestrech. Like the Octatrack Flex machine!
3 LFo‘s with lot‘s of waveforms, 2 Multimode Filters, 3 ENVs, everything with Delay, Sync, Hold, and Loop function. Modmatix from thor and here we Go..

EdGrip

25 Sep 2018

devilfish wrote:
25 Sep 2018
Reason needs a Sampler with realtime Pitchshift and Timestrech.
Yep. And it should have had it in version 1.
Those Akai sounds are such a big part of 90s electronic music - the centre of every grimey hardware studio that Reason initially aimed to emulate.
I just don't understand why they didn't bother - at least in NNXT, if not in NN19.

madmacman

25 Sep 2018

EdGrip wrote:
25 Sep 2018
I just don't understand why they didn't bother - at least in NNXT, if not in NN19.
They did - at least in some way:

https://www.propellerheads.se/press/18- ... ad-utility

FutureSomeday

25 Sep 2018

I had hoped they would make something similar to the way that synchronous looks but in the main window it would just be the waveform of the audio loaded in it, so that you could add markers in real time similar to Recycle or Maschine's sampler section. If I knew how to program this I would have created a RE.

Though I found there is something about the simplicity of using recycle and only focusing on the sample before getting into the production state.
http://www.likenoorange.com/
Like No Orange - Premium Sound Sets and ReFills

jlgrimes

26 Sep 2018

AzureEyes wrote:
18 Sep 2018
I honestly do hope we get an M Class update before a new Sampler. That's the main reason ( no pun intended ) why I use Live more then Reason. The EQ is leagues better. The mixer EQ is alright but I prefer layering EQs and EQ8 is the best native EQ out there. Hopefully the look at that! People always seem to complain when new devices are added though. Like with Europa and Grain people were furious!

I'm kind of with you on this.

Reason dont really have a good flexible compressor and EQ.

Ableton, Studio one and even Reaper have very good basic compressors with adjustable knee curves and great graphical eqs.

Ssl is nice but sometimes you want a more custom curve.

Wobbleburger

04 Oct 2018

AzureEyes wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Like with Europa and Grain people were furious!
I definitely wasn't. They definitely need to make an RE called the NNXL or something.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

timbuk295

22 Dec 2018

Yeah, I agree with a lot on this thread... NNXT is awesome, but it does need:

- Better sample editor, especially with non-destructive crossfades and the ability to add time and/or to silence certain sections of a sample
- Someone mentioned the start time knob only adjusts within the first second of the sample? That should be fixed
- Resynthesis / speed change without changing pitch / pitch change without changing speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oquasec

22 Dec 2018

I would not mind seeing an NNXT version of grain one day.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information