urgent: Method of redirecting the plug-in loc. from windows? In studio with a client - selected all drives on new PC..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Galexia

23 Jul 2018

urgent: Method of redirecting the VST folders reason searches? In the studio with a client - selected all drives on new PC...

Currently, we are on hour #3 with less than 10-15% complete. I moved over all of my plugins, reason save files, audio files et cetera to a new insane workstation I purchased. I have around 800+ Plugins which is fine and will search and be loaded fast enough. Now, this PC I have 3 m.2 1TB SSD's and 3 regular 1TB SSD's - While talking to the client I am working with I hastefully selected each drive to search for plugins without thinking as I was engaged in the conversation. I've been sitting in studio for hours hoping that it would just load... faster - It's searching through every file on this PC. I imagine if it didn't crash every 20-30 minutes during this process It would take a good 10-15 hours straight to load.

How do I redirect the VST paths for reason without loading reason?
I have already tried un-installing Reason 10 and re-installing it, although upon launch it began to scan the entire PC once again for plugins.

I need urgent help as I promised the client we would make his release deadline - I will work with them into the AM if needed, this is not only embarrassing for me but frustrating as all hell.

I hope someone has a simple solution for me.

Thank you in advance!

Kenneth Spaziani
Galexia
CEO of Accelerated Evolution

jimmyklane

24 Jul 2018

There has to be a config file. Have you noticed what files (.dll files most likely) are crashing the machine?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

tiker01

24 Jul 2018

Perhaps if you delet the Reason Plugin Folders file you will get a fresh slate. BACK IT UP before removing.

You can find it here: C:\Users\Current user\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

24 Jul 2018

Honestly for the time you'll lose either letting it scan or trying other solutions, you'd do just as well to uninstall Reason and re-download it from PH. It'll take half hour, tops. And then you'll just re-sync your RE's and have the opportunity to choose the plugin folder again. That's what I'd do if I was totally up against the wall. Hope you find a solution though! Sounds stressful.

jam-s

24 Jul 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Jul 2018
Honestly for the time you'll lose either letting it scan or trying other solutions, you'd do just as well to uninstall Reason and re-download it from PH. It'll take half hour, tops. And then you'll just re-sync your RE's and have the opportunity to choose the plugin folder again. That's what I'd do if I was totally up against the wall. Hope you find a solution though! Sounds stressful.
This will not work if there's a config file that includes the wrong search paths.

You should try to delete your preferences from the hidden folder C:\Users\_(your user name)__\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason
There should be a Reason 9 Preferences.prf or some Reason Preferences.prf file. Try to close Reason, rename those and then restart Reason.

• Information