Would this be possible to code?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

22 Jul 2018

Would it be possible that when switching between combinator patches, and when the devices are the same in comparison between patch A) and B) - it wouldn't need to load the devices every time?

normen

22 Jul 2018

Sure but probably actually *loading* the device doesn't that that much time, much more applying the settings, loading samples etc. so I guess it wouldn't result in much of a performance gain.

But if you did that you'd introduce a lot of relatively complicated code that on top of that depends on a lot of things to "be that way" to work. Like it wouldn't be a self-contained part of Reason but it would have to control different other parts in Reason so when they change your code could break as well etc. etc.

All in all I guess thats why it's probably not really worth it. But possible, yes.

deepndark

22 Jul 2018

normen wrote:
22 Jul 2018
Sure but probably actually *loading* the device doesn't that that much time, much more applying the settings, loading samples etc. so I guess it wouldn't result in much of a performance gain.

But if you did that you'd introduce a lot of relatively complicated code that on top of that depends on a lot of things to "be that way" to work. Like it wouldn't be a self-contained part of Reason but it would have to control different other parts in Reason so when they change your code could break as well etc. etc.

All in all I guess thats why it's probably not really worth it. But possible, yes.
I have made lots of combis whereas the buttons are programmed to quickly change values and at least there, it doesn't take almost any loading time. I could program it to change 100 things and it's still fast. But thanks FYI.

• Information