No input device

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Drein

20 Jul 2018

Windows 10
Reason 10
Rode-NT-USB

Hi,

I can't connect my mic to Reason, it is showing me that is no input device. I tried this https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us ... th-Reason-, but it is not working. Can someone help me, please?

wireless

20 Jul 2018

Hi there,
Here's some checks for you to make.
1. Make sure that no other audio applications are open (e.g. Audacity or VLC or other audio or video programs)
2. Check that you have loaded your USB Mic driver software.
Start with Reason shut down.
With your Mike plugged in you should hopefully have heard a Windows 'ping' to confirm that a USB has been plugged in. Right-click on Windows Start, select Device Manager, expand 'Sound, video and game controllers and you should hopefully see your USB Driver listed there.
If it is NOT there, it may be that you need to run the installation software again, perhaps as administrator this time.
If it IS there, it should NOT be 'greyed out' and should NOT have an exclamation mark against it. You can go ahead, double-click the entry and it should say that 'this device is working correctly'.
3. Power up Reason, and create an audio track.
Audio Track.PNG
Audio Track.PNG (25.74 KiB) Viewed 816 times
In the Rack view, expand the device (small arrow at the top left of the audio track) and check what is selected as audio input at the centre of the device. Try the drop-down box at the right of the audio input and make sure that your USB Mike is selected. You should now be seeing some movement on the LED Display on the top right of the audio track as you speak into the microphone.

Hope this has helped....

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2018

I would say you need to use ASIO4ALL to route it into reason. You can't use your normal sound device and the mic at the same time without routing them together (that's what ASIO4ALL will do).

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

• Information