Thank you Propellerhead for giving us Reason.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2018

I would like to thank Propellerhead for Reason and all these years later for the on going support and development of the product.

I'm had many many years of fun with it and I hope to have more years of fun.

I don't class my self as music producer or even a musician, without a doubt I spend more hours on the back of rig than I do creating tracks but that is what floats my boat.

Thank you for giving us a program that may be missing a feature here or there but with the design of the program a workaround is usually possible and I see that as an achievement in it's self. (and the fun part for me)

Thank you to the community that has arisen from product(s) and also a big thank you to the other developers that support Reason

I think society as whole just wants more and more and forgets to step back and be thankful for what that really have..

I'm not a great one with words but Thank you.

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

SoulState

20 Jul 2018

It's always good to remind oneself of the good things one has in life...and :reason: Reason Is definitely on that list.

Cheers Propellerheads
:reason:

Spike

20 Jul 2018

Yip, I thank the Props everyday (when I remember) : )

olive6741

20 Jul 2018

Yes thanks ! Reason is FUN!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Southgate

20 Jul 2018

Well said! Same here....

Your words did the job.

S

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2018

I paid for Reason.

Grum.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2018

Yes I agree.

Criticism is great in order to improve things. We need that. But it's just as important to take a step back and appreciate the good things we have. It's so easy to take things for granted.

I've tried or seen other people work with other DAWs, Pro Tools, Reaper, Logic. But Reason is the only one I feel playful using.

chimp_spanner

20 Jul 2018

I started out on Cubase...2? On Atari STE. It was in black and white, and I had this crappy GM module that I absolutely adored at the time. "Sound design" was playing instruments too low or two high. No effects to speak of, apart from a reverb and delay that you couldn't edit (without knowing some sysex). And the only way to get a song out of the computer and onto a listenable medium was to record it in real time onto a cassette tape.

Every time I open Reason, or any DAW tbh, I feel like that kid on the atari; like someone's just shown me all this new stuff and I'm excited with all the things I can do with it. Too excited to notice the things I can't ;)

Not saying we should ever stop pushing for improvements but coming from those simple times I've got a lot of respect for the work these companies are doing, even if it falls short of our every want and desire from time to time.

Loque

20 Jul 2018

Hum...yea...beside all of my complaints, i really like the stuff they do. When R10 came out with Europa and Grain i thought, wtf i dont need that!? And now i am loving Europa and Grain. Especially Grain is so incredible - just put a shitty sample in it and you can get lovely, lovely, lovely stuff out of it. Those synths are pretty unique to all i have. Now i just need to learn how to get hard cool sounds out of it :-D

I am really hot to see what they are doing next...
Reason12, Win10

normen

20 Jul 2018

SoulState wrote:
20 Jul 2018
It's always good to remind oneself of the good things one has in life...and :reason: Reason Is definitely on that list.

Cheers Propellerheads
This.

Micha1973

20 Jul 2018

Only Thank you
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

wireless

20 Jul 2018

My God - the Atari recording onto cassette tape - I remember those days.....

Thanks Carly. It's undoubtedly great to stand back now and again and just drink in the moment.

:clap: Thank you Props

In similar vein, I'd like to call out ADSR Sounds - https://www.adsrsounds.com/. Not only did I get a totally free and highly functional Sample Manager as VST (check it out), it has already been up-issued against positive critique from this forum, plus I was also sent free gratis a 7 day voucher for their courses and tutorials. Despite my knowing my way around Reason, I decided to take the 11 part Reason course which showed me that Reason still has plenty 'under the hood' to keep me busy learning for a long while yet.

motuscott

20 Jul 2018

In spite of a few niggles, I've found nothing better. Thanks Props.
Love "that Reason sound". 😄
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

WongoTheSane

20 Jul 2018

Everyday Reason helps me relax and have fun. I sometimes fumble trying to find a solution to a convoluted idea, I don't always come through, but it's never a frustrating experience. Indeed, thank you Propellerhead, and while we're at it, thank you Carly 1) for this thread and 2) for your continuous experiments that you're kind enough to share with us. Also, nice pool :D

Quick edit: and devs too!

jimmyklane

20 Jul 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
20 Jul 2018
I started out on Cubase...2? On Atari STE. It was in black and white, and I had this crappy GM module that I absolutely adored at the time. "Sound design" was playing instruments too low or two high. No effects to speak of, apart from a reverb and delay that you couldn't edit (without knowing some sysex). And the only way to get a song out of the computer and onto a listenable medium was to record it in real time onto a cassette tape.

Every time I open Reason, or any DAW tbh, I feel like that kid on the atari; like someone's just shown me all this new stuff and I'm excited with all the things I can do with it. Too excited to notice the things I can't ;)

Not saying we should ever stop pushing for improvements but coming from those simple times I've got a lot of respect for the work these companies are doing, even if it falls short of our every want and desire from time to time.
I still have my Atari ST....and still have the disks for Cubase in fact. If I really wanted to torture myself I could even run it to all my synths and samplers....but Reason is far superior and way more fun. I gave up that Atari for a PC in 2001/2002 and Reason with ReBirth and Recycle and have really never looked back.

I agree with everything said here. Reason really is a fantastic program that allows things you simply cannot do in other DAWs.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

two shoes

20 Jul 2018

i take OPs point about not taking what we have for granted and i too am grateful that Pheads are still trying. i don't think being appreciative of what we have and being critical of the recent "direction" so-to-speak of Pheads efforts are mutually exclusive though.

deepndark

31 Jul 2018

I_Love_Reason.png
I_Love_Reason.png (64.02 KiB) Viewed 1931 times

Here, big thanks to you Dear Propellerheads - Me Loves ya!
When you have been reading my critics about how Reason sounds, you've propably been thinking "why is that guy so lost with that one". Well, no excuses, but I think I want to lose that side of me in once and all...
Reason is an elite program and dreams come true for any musician.

I still rememeber when Reason didn't have audio recording, REs, Midi Out, VSTs etc.
You have changed your mind and added them one by one. You have even added some of my visions too...
So yeah, keep up the good work Props!

I have some music done with Reason, overall propably 260 ones finished. This means a lot already, people use it and they get some great music done quickly. Reason's architecture allows that.
As of sound-quality related dilemma, I was wrong and apology.
But why is my mind halfly biased - and pre-determined? Who knows but, I'm working on it LOL.

Anyway, we have a choice for almost any tone and any tool at this point. So it has never been more true that Reason can sound however you want. So lets not let the demon claim otherwise.
Successful Reasoning everyone - enjoy the journey! :D

THE END

scratchnsnifff

31 Jul 2018

Very very much thanks to the propellerhead team, Stefan is always super helpful with my pestering of feature requests:D

A couple of years ago when I found out about serum I would ask about a synth with bend modes, wavetables, and other modern features. Then Europa happened + grain which feeds the idea of user samples inside of malström

Moral of the story is that the props do listen, it just takes time :)

For all that they’ve accomplished I give a huge thank you to the PH team
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Dante

31 Jul 2018

Reason Rocks and always has done.

• Information