*Super* noob question...one finger chord across keyboard

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

19 Jul 2018

I might just be being dumb because I'm tired but what is the best way to play the same chord up and down the keyboard without scale correction? For some reason I can't think of a way to do this! I have Chord Set but that appears to do one chord per key. When what I want is one chord across the entire key range. Thanks!

tibah

19 Jul 2018

Using a synth with a "chord" mode (next to mono, poly and so on) like e.g. Predator?

Sampling that chord into NN-XT is another idea, but this might be a bit too much 90s house chord transposing dilemma! :lol: :mrgreen:

Joe Kold

19 Jul 2018

Go watch the note echo tutorial by Propellerheads, I Think they do What you want with that [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2018

I'm not sure if I fully understand the question but 2 * Noteview's and one "scale and chords" will play the same chord no matter which any key(s) you hit.

1st Noteview with the transpose set to fully down
2nd Noteview with transpose up to the chord you want to play
Scales and Chords (to play the chord)...

QVprod

19 Jul 2018

Note Echo. Set the delay to the minimum value.

chimp_spanner

20 Jul 2018

Hey everyone! Thanks for the suggestions, although I'm still really surprised there isn't a way to just click the notes you want to have in the chord and then play the chord chromatically. Would love to see that as a new Player device, perhaps? Anyway I did end up finding a quicker way to do what I wanted to do.

Scales and Chords set to chromatic. Then just choose the number of notes, inversion, open/closed, etc. For minor chords I have to create an automation lane for "Alter" and just have it set to enabled. Seems to work well and with only one device! I can't customise the chord though but, it's still giving me the desired effect.

• Information