audio track doesn't display zero line??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
r34s0n4bl3

18 Jul 2018

Hey there -- longtime reason user in the past, but new to Reason 10 (and audio editing in Reason). I'm going to edit an audio track, and I can't see the horizontal zero line that shows zero crossings. How can I enable this? Clearly it is going to be hard to make seamless audio edits if I can't find the zero crossings... thanks for any help.

chimp_spanner

18 Jul 2018

Good question, and ultimately I’m not sure it’s possible. That said, even though the feature is available in Cubase I tend not to use it as it can end up putting edits a little off the grid. Instead I just apply the shortest possible fade in/out to the edited region; like 1 tick or whatever. Sometimes 2. 9/10 it will give me seamless joins. I know it’s a bit of a workaround but it’s all I can suggest atm!

tiker01

18 Jul 2018

I guess you should send a feature request to PH. I am pretty sure it is not in Reason as of yet. Perhaps in the sample editor, but not sure about that.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

r34s0n4bl3

18 Jul 2018

Thanks for the replies!

And wow - I'm shocked, literally shocked to discover this. I've never in all my years of working with audio encountered audio editing software that didn't show the zero line. It's so fundamental to the process of editing digital audio that its omission is unforgivable. I'll be posting this as a feature request for sure, but I'm discovering as I get into Reason 10 that its audio editing capabilities are beyond infantile. I'm truly unimpressed!

FlowerSoldier

18 Jul 2018

It is a surprising omission. ReCycle offers this capability.

• Information