Rewards!!!

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 1933
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 19 Jul 2018

bangaio wrote:
19 Jul 2018
I don’t feel entitled I just want them to announce that the sequencer and functionality of the program has been updated inline with modern approaches other software has I don’t want more devices, bundles, offers, subscriptions or rewards I just want a modern software approach the way reason felt modern when I first read about it on the props site back in 99/2000.
Bundles, subscriptions and rewards arguably help fund the kind of improvements that we want. I'm not sure how the rewards scheme is in any way incompatible with the idea of future updates?
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

HP Envy J130ea | i7 4700MQ | 12 GB DDR | 2GB GeForce 740m | Komplete Audio 6

User avatar
fotizimo
Posts: 254
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Canada

Post 19 Jul 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
19 Jul 2018
I'm not sure how the rewards scheme is in any way incompatible with the idea of future updates?

It isn't!!!! More purchases means providing more future updates.

I would hate to be a PH employee who decided to browse this site. It would be SO DEPRESSING spending days thinking of ways to reward your user base thinking they might actually be happy, and then coming here and see them endlessly complain and whine like babies about everything you do. They are actively creating more devices, and allowing their product to be used by more people. Everything they do is to please current and future users.

Take your gift and move along without complaining that you received a gift. If you don't like it, then go ahead and pay %100!

Nothing but spoiled, entitled children around here.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

strangers
Posts: 434
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 19 Jul 2018

It's a shame my credit card company doesn't have a forum I could complain on for giving me cash back with each purchase, too.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 Jul 2018

strangers wrote:
19 Jul 2018
It's a shame my credit card company doesn't have a forum I could complain on for giving me cash back with each purchase, too.
You can send them a email, call them or wait for next survey. Hope that helps. Cheers.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

botnotbot
Posts: 138
Joined: 26 Oct 2017

Post 19 Jul 2018

The only thing I think Props is doing a bit stupidly at this point is, when you do stuff like this you should be genuinely rewarding old users.

That means giving out Europa as a VST to everyone who has a registered copy of Reason, not just those on Reason 10.

That means giving more rewards points to old users more than new users.

Even if you do want to take into account how much money they've been spending recently, as a < 12 months user I shouldn't be reading on forums that loyal users who have been supporting the product for far longer than me have received fewer reward points than I did (50, for the record).

But the rest of the complaining is whack as crack, y'all.

User avatar
tiker01
Posts: 1185
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jul 2018

They could set a 0 point balance for everybody to start with. Perhaps that would have caused less whinging.
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 10
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

strangers
Posts: 434
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 19 Jul 2018

Loque wrote:
19 Jul 2018
strangers wrote:
19 Jul 2018
It's a shame my credit card company doesn't have a forum I could complain on for giving me cash back with each purchase, too.
You can send them a email, call them or wait for next survey. Hope that helps. Cheers.
Maybe it was my delivery but that was meant as a joke in light of the excessive amount of salt being spilled over a simple and generous reward system. I can't even imagine the madness some people must create when a local department store prints out a BOGO coupon for their shampoo purchase. How dare they offer me a discount on more shampoo, right? :lol:

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 476
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 19 Jul 2018

QVprod wrote:
18 Jul 2018
Sure, except that reward points stack and can be used whenever you want (to redeem as vouchers) instead of limited time. :D
Not exactly: Points only last for one year and vouchers only for 60 days (~2 months).
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

ltbrunt00
Posts: 363
Joined: 10 Jan 2017

Post 19 Jul 2018

Anything to give you a discount is good in my book.

The thing is that I own over half the stuff in the reward store offerings that I am seeing. Plugin Boutique has this which does come in handy from time to time.
Reason 10.5

User avatar
sinnerfire
Posts: 170
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: London

Post 19 Jul 2018

YES!! I got 50 reward points!!

Im so happy so I press the button to redeem my sexy £50 voucher and I'm greeted on the next screen with 13 products that I already own?

13? I want to spend my voucher on that sexy Hardcore refill I had my eye on and that would still leave some money left to buy a filter I wanted but no, all i'm allowed is 13 products that I don't even use anymore?

As soon as I heard of the Reward program I instantly thought it was going to be like the Loopmasters.com reward program? You earn points and spend them on what you like, simple.

Even if I wanted to buy one of the 13 products on the reward page, my £50 is not enough and I would actually have to invest another £40 ish to make up the difference.

Shame on you Propellerripoff.se
http://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4232
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 Jul 2018

sinnerfire wrote:
19 Jul 2018
YES!! I got 50 reward points!!

Im so happy so I press the button to redeem my sexy £50 voucher and I'm greeted on the next screen with 13 products that I already own?

13? I want to spend my voucher on that sexy Hardcore refill I had my eye on and that would still leave some money left to buy a filter I wanted but no, all i'm allowed is 13 products that I don't even use anymore?

As soon as I heard of the Reward program I instantly thought it was going to be like the Loopmasters.com reward program? You earn points and spend them on what you like, simple.

Even if I wanted to buy one of the 13 products on the reward page, my £50 is not enough and I would actually have to invest another £40 ish to make up the difference.

Shame on you Propellerripoff.se
Well, that was close to what i thought...Lets wait a bit...since not all products belong to PH, they may need to ask the developers for their agreement...
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
sinnerfire
Posts: 170
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: London

Post 19 Jul 2018

Loque wrote:
19 Jul 2018
sinnerfire wrote:
19 Jul 2018
YES!! I got 50 reward points!!

Im so happy so I press the button to redeem my sexy £50 voucher and I'm greeted on the next screen with 13 products that I already own?

13? I want to spend my voucher on that sexy Hardcore refill I had my eye on and that would still leave some money left to buy a filter I wanted but no, all i'm allowed is 13 products that I don't even use anymore?

As soon as I heard of the Reward program I instantly thought it was going to be like the Loopmasters.com reward program? You earn points and spend them on what you like, simple.

Even if I wanted to buy one of the 13 products on the reward page, my £50 is not enough and I would actually have to invest another £40 ish to make up the difference.

Shame on you Propellerripoff.se
Well, that was close to what i thought...Lets wait a bit...since not all products belong to PH, they may need to ask the developers for their agreement...
Your right bro, rewards is a good idea, just not what I was expecting :thumbs_up:
http://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2027
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jul 2018

jam-s wrote:
19 Jul 2018
QVprod wrote:
18 Jul 2018
Sure, except that reward points stack and can be used whenever you want (to redeem as vouchers) instead of limited time. :D
Not exactly: Points only last for one year and vouchers only for 60 days (~2 months).
But you only redeem vouchers when you want to within the year. Again like any other rewards program, it’s works well for consistent buyers. Namely the noticeable amount of RE instabuyers on this forum.

Fantomas
Posts: 23
Joined: 14 Feb 2018

Post 20 Jul 2018

Honestly... I give these guys 5 more years max in the business, shame

kitekrazy
Posts: 668
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jul 2018

fotizimo wrote:
19 Jul 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
19 Jul 2018
I'm not sure how the rewards scheme is in any way incompatible with the idea of future updates?

It isn't!!!! More purchases means providing more future updates.

I would hate to be a PH employee who decided to browse this site. It would be SO DEPRESSING spending days thinking of ways to reward your user base thinking they might actually be happy, and then coming here and see them endlessly complain and whine like babies about everything you do. They are actively creating more devices, and allowing their product to be used by more people. Everything they do is to please current and future users.

Take your gift and move along without complaining that you received a gift. If you don't like it, then go ahead and pay %100!

Nothing but spoiled, entitled children around here.
Then they need to find a new line of work. I think their best show of loyalty was VST support in 9.5. Some developers would have made people pay for a new version with this feature. The other one is the $129 upgrade. It's been that way since I upgraded to 5. Some will punish you by paying more skipping upgrades. Last year was also the first time Props allowed vendors to have a sale price in the upgrade. Reason 9-10 upgrade was $80 for me. Then there was the free Europa VST. There's also the RE deal of the week.

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1104
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 20 Jul 2018

It is all whining. No one coerced me into my RE purchases. The thousands of pounds ive spent im ok with. I don't think i have too much of an entitlement issue. It's just when it said reward i hoped to not have to spend more. Opportunity might have been a better word. You've spent alot just spend a little more and get this.

Reward to me says ... you've earned this... here's your reward.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 4953
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jul 2018

Fantomas wrote:
20 Jul 2018
Honestly... I give these guys 5 more years max in the business, shame
We’ ve heard this one before (5 years ago, and 5 years before that)... ;)
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 848
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2018

Why all the salt? No matter what the Props do they will never satisfy some here.
Thanks God the Props have a great sense of humor moving along aboard their RV.

50! Great!

two shoes
Posts: 50
Joined: 13 Jul 2018

Post 21 Jul 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
18 Jul 2018
And people wonder why PUF got closed down :lol:

In seriousness, everyone's entitled to an opinion but it's not like this is being forced upon you. If you didn't check this thread (or follow PH on IG) you'd probably be none the wiser. How anyone can draw MASSIVE sweeping conclusions about the health or direction of the company and the platform from an optional rewards system is really totally beyond me. Less doom, more tunes!
Agreed, I understand much of the recent criticism about the endless new content while badly needed functionality improvements are neglected, but all this whining over a free extra is a bit much... Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Pheads was trying to something to reward loyal users in response to all the recent negativity? So there is nothing in the rewards store at the moment that you want - maybe there will be next month?

Complaining when the universal clamor for some very simple badly needed improvements to the program are ignored for years is one thing. Complaining and declaring the downfall of Pheads as a company because they gave you some free credit in the shop and you can't get exactly the thing you want with it or you don't think it's enough is just silly. If you complain about a free credit you got just to say thanks for being a customer you are probably going to complain about anything they do at this point.... just saying.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 476
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 21 Jul 2018

Sure it's nice to get something for free. Still I'm getting NI voucher vibes here where the whole is just an incentive to spend some more money that you wouldn't spend normally.
I'd be much happier if they would introduce a "complete-my-bundle" option that would give you the missing pieces with their respective bundle discount.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2027
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2018

jam-s wrote:
21 Jul 2018
Sure it's nice to get something for free. Still I'm getting NI voucher vibes here where the whole is just an incentive to spend some more money that you wouldn't spend normally.
That's literally the point of any sale or discount. Temporarily lowering a price or offering a special (rewards in this case) is a marketing tactic of offering value to make sales. Just about every business that sells products does this in some way shape or form with the intention of getting customers to spend money they otherwise wouldn't. Propellerhead's rewards is no different. If you've ever bought a RE for an intro price, you've given in to the same tactic.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 750
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 21 Jul 2018

I think they should have put a few things into their rewards shop that were in the $40-60 range. Something that people could have reached for when the program started in order to generate some positive buzz about it.

As it is, if they'd started this program at the start of the year, I could have afforded something (or maybe two) at the current prices. But right now I feel I've got more than I need from the shop and I'm not interested in what they've got in the rewards store.

But I feel good on Propellerhead for doing something like this. I hope they include the upgrade to next version in the Rewards store!
Do you sing like Olive Oyl on purpose? You guys must be into the Eurythmics.

User avatar
sinnerfire
Posts: 170
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: London

Post 22 Jul 2018

Catblack wrote:I think they should have put a few things into their rewards shop that were in the $40-60 range. Something that people could have reached for when the program started in order to generate some positive buzz about it.
Exactly my thoughts, I’m a loyal customer since Reason 1 so I was over the moon about getting 50 points but when I realised that I would have to invest £40 to redeem them, suddenly my reward felt like a poke in the eye.

All this talk about people moaning is starting to annoy me as well, this is a public discussion about a product that we all dearly love and I don’t appreciate people telling us to be quiet because we have a different opinion to them.

The Props could of definitely handled this better, the products and pricing on there reward page were designed to make us pay more money, not reward us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

MrFigg
Posts: 781
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 22 Jul 2018

sinnerfire wrote:
22 Jul 2018
Catblack wrote:I think they should have put a few things into their rewards shop that were in the $40-60 range. Something that people could have reached for when the program started in order to generate some positive buzz about it.


All this talk about people moaning is starting to annoy me as well, this is a public discussion about a product that we all dearly love and I don’t appreciate people telling us to be quiet because we have a different opinion to them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for saying that Sinnerfire. I totally agree.

Resonator
Posts: 263
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 22 Jul 2018

Well I can’t complain at all. Propellerheads gave us a nice update in R10, Europa VST, Drum Sequencer, and 25 Rewards Points. So now I can get a $25 discount on Umpf Club Drums. Thanks Props! :thumbs_up:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], drno and 2 guests