Rewards!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Aug 2018

Well I guess that’s it. All that’s to be said has been said and all that’s to be done has been done. Propellerheads have recognized and noted the feedback on the forum and given their thanks.
Nothing left now to say now other than “You’ve been a lovely audience, thankyou and goodnight. “
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mataya

16 Aug 2018

Thank you Propellerheads. Good night.

Zac

16 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
16 Aug 2018
Well I guess that’s it. All that’s to be said has been said and all that’s to be done has been done. Propellerheads have recognized and noted the feedback on the forum and given their thanks.
Nothing left now to say now other than “You’ve been a lovely audience, thankyou and goodnight. “
Well said. My apologies to supersplaron for my effusiveness. The matter is indeed done.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2018

Three Rob Papen synths added to Rewards section.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

CephaloPod

20 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2018
Anyone have Vecto? I have many Papen synths, but not this one. Is it worth $99 minus $50?
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

strangers
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2018

The $99 reward threshold is staying strong. Curious to see if/when that cracks.

CephaloPod

20 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
20 Aug 2018
The $99 reward threshold is staying strong. Curious to see if/when that cracks.
Indeed. I don't think I'm going to use $50 in order to spend $50, but would probably be willing to put up $15-20 extra for something useful.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Faastwalker

21 Aug 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
20 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2018
Anyone have Vecto? I have many Papen synths, but not this one. Is it worth $99 minus $50?
I found Vecto ridiculously cramped & fiddly to use when on i had it on TRY (the envelope section is beyond a joke). But it sounded great. I just couldn't get past the GUI. Way too much going on to make it practical & enjoyable to work with & program.

seqoi

21 Aug 2018

I absolutely love Vecto.

Anyway this whole "reward" thing makes me feel sick. I did not saw that coming from PH. I know they need to make money but then...provide and we will buy..

I would like to see moment when someone at their marketing team presented this stupid idea. Like: look we will going to let them think they got something but they don't actually get something but you know they will think they are getting it so we get their money" and you hear cricket in a room..

It's like when IK Multimedia "invented" their currency (jam points) at IK shop and tried to convince people how they will got nice discounts over time and with loyalty. 4 years later people still complaining and abandoning for the very same reason...They realized they are not getting anything.

It's all marketing stunt and bullshit.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
20 Aug 2018

Love RP's stuff, the only synth of theirs I don't have is Go2.

This track is 100% Vecto nothing else added.
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 21 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

21 Aug 2018

official broke now,,, had to snag predator... it was on my want list for years... wish I knew this before getting go 2 synth
Last edited by moneykube on 21 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

modecca

21 Aug 2018

seqoi wrote:
21 Aug 2018
I absolutely love Vecto.

Anyway this whole "reward" thing makes me feel sick. I did not saw that coming from PH. I know they need to make money but then...provide and we will buy..

I would like to see moment when someone at their marketing team presented this stupid idea. Like: look we will going to let them think they got something but they don't actually get something but you know they will think they are getting it so we get their money" and you hear cricket in a room..

It's like when IK Multimedia "invented" their currency (jam points) at IK shop and tried to convince people how they will got nice discounts over time and with loyalty. 4 years later people still complaining and abandoning for the very same reason...They realized they are not getting anything.

It's all marketing stunt and bullshit.

I am sincerly looking forward to a scheme where:
Buy 2 RE's that are currently on a 2 star rated list and get a third Re that is on a 3 star rated list for 10 percent off.
Buy 3 RE's that are currently on a 2 star rated list and get a third Re that is on a 3 star rated list for 20 percent off.
Buy 11 RE's that are currently on a 2 star rated list and get a third Re that is on a 3 star rated list for 100 percent off!
🔗💥

Mr. Watts

21 Aug 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
20 Aug 2018
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2018
I own Vecto and use it mostly for its awesome flute sounds. Haven't found any other flute sounds that are as expressive or sound as good. They are really great. Other than that I haven't found much use for Vecto only because I have so many other options for your typical synth sounds. I agree with another comment that the GUI is kind of hard to work with but I think that has more to do with the complications of vector synthesis than the actual GUI. I don't regret purchasing at full price but I do need to find more use for it. Hope this helps.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2018

There is not a lot in the reward section (3 items)....... LOL

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rewards/

Prints

24 Aug 2018

Too bad rewards can’t be used on UMPF while it is on sale.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2018

Honestly this reward system is pretty useless imo. The items to choose from are way too few. Many of them are overpriced from the start. It's not really a reward if you can only choose between stuff you already have or things you don't care about.
The fact that they remove reward items everytime they go on sale makes it even more useless.

Might as well just wait for a sale. It will be more to choose from and with better or at least the same price.

Loque

24 Aug 2018

I normally would not jump on that train in such discussions, but it >>feels<< like i gonna lose my "rewards"... I dont want to be a loser...you get the point, right? And no, i dont gonna buy stuff, just to not lose my rewards - in that point my fist is made of steel.
Reason12, Win10

Arrant
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2018

This end of summer sale would be the perfect time to splash my rewards, but noo that would mean I could actually spend my reward points like they were worth something. Not happy with this.

Edit: In fact all the discounted products are removed from the rewards page, so we couldn't buy them using rewards at a non-discounted price even if we wanted to before the sales are over. So many strange limitations.

Sargie

24 Aug 2018

Does anyone know if you don't cash in a voucher if you lose the points... I am new to this whole rewards thing and didn't read the fine print before creating a voucher and was expecting to buy whatever I wanted with it... there is nothing I want in the rewards store! Oops!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2018

Sargie wrote:
24 Aug 2018
Does anyone know if you don't cash in a voucher if you lose the points... I am new to this whole rewards thing and didn't read the fine print before creating a voucher and was expecting to buy whatever I wanted with it... there is nothing I want in the rewards store! Oops!
”Once you exchange your Reward Points for a Voucher, Vouchers expire after 60 days if unused. ” :(
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

25 Aug 2018

MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2018
Sargie wrote:
24 Aug 2018
”Once you exchange your Reward Points for a Voucher, Vouchers expire after 60 days if unused. ” :(
And the points expire after one year.
Reason12, Win10

WillyOD

25 Aug 2018

Yeah, the Reward system is super, super lame. :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

(I also redeemed by points without reading the 2 month small print, and I'm sure they're old any day now, but I don't even care, since...)

All they are basically offering is 50 EUR of any 99 EUR product. So 49 EUR.
The same products are on sale for 49 EUR, and when they are on sale they're not available in the rewards sections.

So Rewards is just an alternative way to get REs when there are no actual sales going on.

I don't know who at Propellerheads thought of this system but I bet they're in the marketing department and thought they'd be rewarded for their brilliance.

Just get rid of the whole Rewards system, it makes US (customers) and YOU (Props) look like a fool. :oops: :roll: :?
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Undistraction

25 Aug 2018

Yep. Rewards is really badly thought out. The sales are so regular now that they are rendered completely pointless.

Loque

25 Aug 2018

Undistraction wrote:
25 Aug 2018
Yep. Rewards is really badly thought out. The sales are so regular now that they are rendered completely pointless.
Less sales is the solution? ;)
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2018

Just pretend it never happened and it won't upset you :)

• Information