Rewards!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aeox
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2018

Dangit, I was too late ! Now what will I do with the rewards points? :D

Reasonable man

17 Sep 2018

I guess the developers have a say in wheather they're products (especially if they're below £50) will appear in the rewards section. Probably not many takers . Think this is a shame because i'm guessing alot of people like me have bought a second ,third poduct from a developer based on the strenght of our original purchase (which is usally in a reduction sale) anyways.

nooomy

17 Sep 2018

MrFigg wrote:
15 Sep 2018
Mr. Watts wrote:
15 Sep 2018
Just noticed the Ujam Drum RE's are in the Rewards shop at $49 each.
Good catch. We’ll see how long that lasts. I’ll wait until Umph is €49 though :).
I want that Umph!
Yeah they should add like a watch list so you get a notification when a RE is added to the reward section!

Mr. Watts

17 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
17 Sep 2018
strangers wrote:
17 Sep 2018
Ujam is no longer listed under the rewards tab.
So it was a mistake? Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.
Yea that's pretty lame, although I don't feel that anybody is missing out on anything by not being able to get a Ujam RE for "free". I demoed them and couldn't even justify using my rewards points on either one of them. They're just so limited I could maybe see myself using one on a song but that's about it. I think the greater disservice though is the fact that this was a mistake, and Proellerhead never had the intention of giving users a Reward that they didn't have to pay for. Now my hopes for other "less than $50" Rack Extentions being added to the Reward section are kind of low. I'm sure there has to be some RE's and Refills in the store that aren't really selling well and could be useful to Reason users who wouldn't normally pay for such devices or refills. I think it would also be cool to maybe offer some type of Refill Sampler that showcases all the refill developers on the props shop and offer that in the Rewards section. There's got to be some way to go about this in which Props/Devs can benefit and the customers aren't to feel that their being manipulated to spend more money on a platform a lot of us have already spent a lot of money on. I'm guessing maybe the RE market took a hit after allowing VST's in 9.5, and this was just a ploy to get people back in the prop shop. It definitely feels more like that than some good spirited "reward" given to us with the utmost gratitude from Propellerhead for helping them become the company they are today.

Undistraction

18 Sep 2018

My guess is that people have reached RE saturation. How many REs do people really need? And most of what comes out are synths and effects that are slight variations on existing REs.

I was think their permasales and 'rewards' program are attempts to milk RE sales from a market that doesn't really need any more REs and to try and squeeze a few more coins from long term users. From my admittedly personal experience, most users are medium-long term users, so this is their main market. I don't think there are many new users choosing Reason, mainly because of how outdated it feels (in terms of sequencer and graphics).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2018

Yep. If they’d put umph (or another Props RE) down to 50 again and leave it in the Rewards section then that’d be a reward from Propellerheads themselves (no other developer involved). Some folk would get it free and some would get it for 25 off.
I mean let’s face it we’ve probably all got the Drum Sequencer already. That said, it’s their decision to make and not mine.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

18 Sep 2018

Since the Ujam's were only up over the weekend my last hope is that it wasn't a mistake and this weekend we'll see some more at a lower price point?

The reasoning being that limited exposure over a weekend means they can control the number of 'freebies' being taken??

I'm being hopeful here :roll:

guitfnky

19 Sep 2018

just snagged Synapse's The Legend for $49. that's $30 cheaper than I think I've seen it even on sale. if you don't like the current options, or the price points, simply wait. that's how sales and rewards programs work.

having the Rewards program is better than not having a Rewards program. ignore all the whining.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2018

guitfnky wrote:
19 Sep 2018
just snagged Synapse's The Legend for $49. that's $30 cheaper than I think I've seen it even on sale. if you don't like the current options, or the price points, simply wait. that's how sales and rewards programs work.

having the Rewards program is better than not having a Rewards program. ignore all the whining.
Of course having it is better than not having it. Of course it is. That, however, doesn’t mean that there couldn’t be improvements. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say maybe people aren’t whining but rather suggesting how Propellerheads could make it feel more like the “Rewards” system it pertains to be. Congrats on Legend by the way :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

19 Sep 2018

MrFigg wrote:
19 Sep 2018
guitfnky wrote:
19 Sep 2018

Of course having it is better than not having it. Of course it is. That, however, doesn’t mean that there couldn’t be improvements. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say maybe people aren’t whining but rather suggesting how Propellerheads could make it feel more like the “Rewards” system it pertains to be. Congrats on Legend by the way :).
I'm with you. everything can always be improved. it just feels like some of the comments here have been ridiculously bitter. I know I have a tendency to get bitter too, over such things, hence my comment (ironic, I know :lol: ).

joeyluck

19 Sep 2018

It's true, I think the system can work better if users can earn and compile all their points to cash in for something from the Rewards shop.

Users should be enticed to buy more from the regular shop; earning more points to someday cash-in on something from the shop using only points if they are able and wish to do so. That should be the goal here: to increase sales in the regular shop.

I know I for one would be more motivated to make more purchases from the regular shop to earn points in exchange for a reward at some point. I have no problem with the price points in the Rewards Shop, but let customers fully earn those rewards with points if they wish to try to.

Incentivize. Motivate customers to earn more points. Instead, most have already seen the pinnacle of the greatest reward from the very start...

That said, I do think it is silly to get upset that there is nothing in the shop at the moment that can be afforded with just 50 points or less to burn a hole in your rewards pocket...and to think developers should want to pretty much give stuff away to many users who have really been gifted points. Some people act like we were told about the rewards shop and point system a year ago and we were encouraged to start making purchases to earn points a year prior to the rewards shop opening... and then the rewards shop opened and then we found out this news about how all our points we had been building up could be used... That's not the case. It was a nice surprise and an ok beginning to what could be a cool system.

I don't care if everything in the shop is $99 and over, just allow the customers to earn points and be able to make bigger purchases with points.

guitfnky

19 Sep 2018

👍🏼

that’s how I see it too. no sale or program is always going to have something for everyone, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have value for others.

Zac

19 Sep 2018

If they'd called it 'lay away' or earn 2% on £1000, fair enough.

But they didn't. They called it Rewards and gave me 50 points of which i now have a 50 voucher for approx. 4 weeks before it expires.

At present my reward is to spend 44% of an £89 purchase.

Maybe some people aren't whining or bitter but you know, I am. Maybe when they heard about getting a reward it matched their expectations. Having spent what i have this is just another 50% sale. No reward.

I guess it depends on your financial circumstances as well. I'm poor right now. But for me it's about fairness and integrity. Don't use the word Reward just to market me.

guitfnky

19 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
19 Sep 2018

But they didn't. They called it Rewards and gave me 50 points of which i now have a 50 voucher for approx. 4 weeks before it expires.

Maybe some people aren't whining or bitter but you know, I am. Maybe when they heard about getting a reward it matched their expectations. Having spent what i have this is just another 50% sale. No reward.

I guess it depends on your financial circumstances as well. I'm poor right now. But for me it's about fairness and integrity. Don't use the word Reward just to market me.
so you’re whining (by your own admission) because of...semantics?

a discount of any amount is objectively better than paying full price. period. if you can’t afford to spend the money...sorry, but welcome to the real world, I guess. save up. maybe in a few months there’ll be something in the Rewards section you’ll want to use your voucher for.

the sense of entitlement that one must have to feel like they must benefit personally from an offer, or else it’s a bad offer seems more than a little self-centered, to me.

Resonator

20 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2018
It's true, I think the system can work better if users can earn and compile all their points to cash in for something from the Rewards shop.

Users should be enticed to buy more from the regular shop; earning more points to someday cash-in on something from the shop using only points if they are able and wish to do so. That should be the goal here: to increase sales in the regular shop.

I know I for one would be more motivated to make more purchases from the regular shop to earn points in exchange for a reward at some point. I have no problem with the price points in the Rewards Shop, but let customers fully earn those rewards with points if they wish to try to.

Incentivize. Motivate customers to earn more points. Instead, most have already seen the pinnacle of the greatest reward from the very start...

That said, I do think it is silly to get upset that there is nothing in the shop at the moment that can be afforded with just 50 points or less to burn a hole in your rewards pocket...and to think developers should want to pretty much give stuff away to many users who have really been gifted points. Some people act like we were told about the rewards shop and point system a year ago and we were encouraged to start making purchases to earn points a year prior to the rewards shop opening... and then the rewards shop opened and then we found out this news about how all our points we had been building up could be used... That's not the case. It was a nice surprise and an ok beginning to what could be a cool system.

I don't care if everything in the shop is $99 and over, just allow the customers to earn points and be able to make bigger purchases with points.
Are you saying we can’t combine awards points into one voucher? I was hoping to combine the rewards points I got from the R10 upgrade, Reason Compact, and whatever else I have in order to get close to a 50 point voucher. If I can’t do that, then there’s no incentive there.

joeyluck

20 Sep 2018

Resonator wrote:
20 Sep 2018
joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2018

Are you saying we can’t combine awards points into one voucher? I was hoping to combine the rewards points I got from the R10 upgrade, Reason Compact, and whatever else I have in order to get close to a 50 point voucher. If I can’t do that, then there’s no incentive there.
That's my understanding of it currently. If I'm wrong, I'd certainly appreciate being corrected :)

When the Rewards shop opened, I was chiming in telling people to just have patience and build up points... And then people corrected me then to tell me that there is no voucher larger than 50 points and vouchers can't be combined... So in other words, my understanding now is that the greatest amount of points that can be used in a single purchase is 50.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2018

Yep. That’s it Joey. One voucher code. Max 50.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

20 Sep 2018

MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Yeah and I don't think cheaper things need to be added to the Rewards shop, but let people use more total points in order to encourage them to earn more points.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2018

joeyluck wrote:
20 Sep 2018
MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Yeah and I don't think cheaper things need to be added to the Rewards shop, but let people use more total points in order to encourage them to earn more points.
Totally agree on that. Also, I wrote somewhere else that if Propellerheads really wanted to “Reward” folk for buying stuff from them then maybe making their own products in the Rewards section available at a special reward price. I don’t know for example Umph at €50 or even €75 so people using their voucher feel like they’re getting something for their custom. Otherwise it’s probably just easier to wait on a sale.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Undistraction

20 Sep 2018

That's the problem at the moment. The rewards system is designed so that you can't get anything of real value with them. Given that there are such regular sales now, you can pretty much say that the sale prices are the actual prices and the non-sale prices are just marked up - at least that's how people perceive them now. By using the marked up prices in the Rewards section, their perceived value is a lot less than their price. Then the addition of extra rules - that you can only use a maximum of $50 and that points expire just reduce the value of a rewards system even further.

WillyOD

20 Sep 2018

Please stop defending Rewards like it's the bee's knees. The current model is flawed.

Glad I got rid of my points and grabbed Hustle with my 50 reward points. Of course a few days later the VST version is on sale for 5€. Just tested it, and it seems about what it's really worth. But it's ok, now I don't (ever?) have to worry about points again (the human mind is a weird, great thing ;)).

I've been complaining a lot this year, so let's end this with a positive note for a change: I've been really enjoying the beta. :thumbs_up:
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Zac

20 Sep 2018

guitfnky wrote:
19 Sep 2018
Zac wrote:
19 Sep 2018

a discount of any amount is objectively better than paying full price. period. if you can’t afford to spend the money...sorry, but welcome to the real world, I guess. save up. maybe in a few months there’ll be something in the Rewards section you’ll want to use your voucher for.

the sense of entitlement that one must have to feel like they must benefit personally from an offer, or else it’s a bad offer seems more than a little self-centered, to me.
Please. The world is very real to me. I've been a university chemistry lecturer but now I'm a bum in a Salvation Army Housing Association room. I've spent thousands of pounds on REs as my hobby. Then i receive my Reward. But in my opinion it is not. Different views. Talk to me like that again and I'll take it personally.

gdm41

20 Sep 2018

guitfnky wrote:
19 Sep 2018

The voucher will expire after 60 days, so cannot wait till you´ll get a decent offer.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

guitfnky

20 Sep 2018

gdm41 wrote:
20 Sep 2018
guitfnky wrote:
19 Sep 2018

The voucher will expire after 60 days, so cannot wait till you´ll get a decent offer.
you’re right...should have said the points.

guitfnky

20 Sep 2018

Zac wrote:
20 Sep 2018
guitfnky wrote:
19 Sep 2018

Please. The world is very real to me. I've been a university chemistry lecturer but now I'm a bum in a Salvation Army Housing Association room. I've spent thousands of pounds on REs as my hobby. Then i receive my Reward. But in my opinion it is not. Different views. Talk to me like that again and I'll take it personally.
sorry if that bit came off as judgmental. my point there was that I’m sure most of us have been there (I have, for sure). didn’t mean to belittle your circumstance.

my issue is/and has been with the (to my mind) illogical criticism of the program, not with anyone’s lot in life.

• Information