Rewards!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WillyOD

18 Jul 2018

Just reward your old customers properly if you're gonna implement something like this. This just looks like another half-assed system from Props. Are you abandoning sales all together? This seems worse than sales because even with 50 "points" you're gonna end up paying 49€ in minimum. Same price as they were in sale? Your Reward selection is a terrible joke.

I'm really hoping Reason 11 will be something great, because feels like Props are on a commercial shit-train headed to who cares anymore pretty soon...?
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

We can just pretend like it doesn't exist and it won't affect us :D

Faastwalker

18 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
18 Jul 2018
That works for me. Wake me up when there's something interesting in the Rewards area ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

Well, and again not batch but only pointing out facts, it looks like Propellerheads are more generous to new buyers than old customers. It's stuff like this:-
031.PNG
031.PNG (189.89 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Cheaper to upgrade from some cut down version than for those who've been buying the full product for years.

and this:-
27F8AF15-7649-4441-BF54-F11068BC09D9.png
27F8AF15-7649-4441-BF54-F11068BC09D9.png (231.69 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
(sale price for both was 10 Euros cheaper for those buying both than for folk buying individually if they already had one of them. Admittedly this have been a mistake as that deal disappeared)

That on top of the Rigs going down to 149 Euros for the whole thing but still 99 Euros for those who wanted to upgrade.

And also the Rigs (which I admit are great) allowing first time buyers to get all the REs which you may have spent a fortune on over the years for next to nothing.

Ok...so they need to get new customers but well...I guess I and a number of you are already on the hook so I maybe we maybe don't matter so much.

Point made?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tiker01

18 Jul 2018

I really don't get you guys! I think getting rewards are great!

It doesn't affect how you can use the store.
You got some free points to start with.
Along the way you get some change back that you can use to buy a Christmas present for yourself.
Many other plugin stores have it e.g. Plugin Boutique.

:?: :?: :?: :?: What is your problem with rewards exactly. :?: :?: :?: :?:

I am not saying there are no features I wish to see even in the store. But this is a nice thing and if you are not happy with it just ignore it. I don't see why would you but it is optional so you can.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

MrFigg wrote:
18 Jul 2018
Well, and again not batch but only pointing out facts, it looks like Propellerheads are more generous to new buyers than old customers. It's stuff like this:-
031.PNG

Cheaper to upgrade from some cut down version than for those who've been buying the full product for years.

and this:-

27F8AF15-7649-4441-BF54-F11068BC09D9.png

(sale price for both was 10 Euros cheaper for those buying both than for folk buying individually if they already had one of them. Admittedly this have been a mistake as that deal disappeared)

That on top of the Rigs going down to 149 Euros for the whole thing but still 99 Euros for those who wanted to upgrade.

And also the Rigs (which I admit are great) allowing first time buyers to get all the REs which you may have spent a fortune on over the years for next to nothing.

Ok...so they need to get new customers but well...I guess I and a number of you are already on the hook so I maybe we maybe don't matter so much.

Point made?
I totally get where you are coming, it was one of my first thoughts on the whole upgrade thing. At the same time I understand why they do it and it doesn't bother me much now. Like you said, they are trying to get new users that otherwise wouldn't ever give Reason a try. Those new users hopefully help keep the company in business for old users.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
18 Jul 2018
My Rewards page shows 'current Rewards points: 50'. But I've got one 50 & one 25 points vouchers. That's 75, right?! :-/ Not 50.
Do you really have them or does it say underneath "Get a £25 Reward Voucher for 25 Reward Points!" and "Get a £50 Reward Voucher
for 50 Reward Points!".

Ejectzero

18 Jul 2018

Jeez, it's free guys. Use it don't use it.

I upgraded to R10 Oct last year ($130). I got a $30 voucher for black friday, now I got $25 (or is that 25 pounds??) in free rewards points. I got a free Europa VST. I also got the drum machine player for free. I am biased to believe that they treat us fairly.

What's not to like?

bangaio

18 Jul 2018

I’ve been using reason since v1 and rebirth before that and I just have no idea what has happened to the company. My view is the brand is diluted and devalued. What seemed like an innovative and quirky company now seems to be running idea after idea with no engagement. Sales, bundles, will scrumptious, reward points.

I now use logic for almost everything I produce as the sequencer is amazing and live lite for sketching ideas. Every now and again I girenup reason, get frustrated with something and shut it down again and I’ll probably remove it sooner or later.

If you look at abletons approach at engaging and informing users about their product there are zero gimmicks and just plain simple information.

chimp_spanner

18 Jul 2018

And people wonder why PUF got closed down :lol:

In seriousness, everyone's entitled to an opinion but it's not like this is being forced upon you. If you didn't check this thread (or follow PH on IG) you'd probably be none the wiser. How anyone can draw MASSIVE sweeping conclusions about the health or direction of the company and the platform from an optional rewards system is really totally beyond me. Less doom, more tunes!

QVprod

18 Jul 2018

Not getting the complaints. Have you guys never seen a rewards system before? Props aren't the first company to do something like this, and unlike the Native Instrument vouchers, you can choose when you want to use them. Your reward points stack. Obviously you don't exchange your points for vouchers until you see something you want to use a voucher on. For those of you who buy REs on a regular basis, this is a clear benefit for you. Don't see anything in the Rewards section you want to buy, save your Reward points. The selection will probably change over time. Sure it'd be nice if there were higher point vouchers and who knows maybe the'll be added over time as well.

NisseJ

18 Jul 2018

I really like the idea but i doesn't get the negative comments. The system has been on for a couple of days so my guess is that more and more stuff will become available, but first Sweden has to survive all the forest fires and vacations! :-)

JLei

18 Jul 2018

Hi, I'm new to the forum,

The rewards are a little bit underwhelming really,

I've been a Reason user since V3, upgraded to each version along the way, including record. Now on Reason 10. I also own Recycle & a load of RE's plus I pay for one of their subscription services each month.

I've got 25 points! :shock:

Not a massive problem to me really because I use their subscription service but just thought Id share it with you.

Cheers

PSoames

18 Jul 2018

This reward system goes nowhere near satisfying my grossly over inflated and wholly unrealistic sense of entitlement.

fotizimo

18 Jul 2018

Yeah, I got to admit that at this point. I am not sure what PH could do to please this group. Almost every site these days has reward programs and sales. Yet each time PH do something to increase their product range, this place explodes with complaints.

It's a reward program guys, not a "let's give that guy that has been using Reason for 4 years everything in our store for free and then drop by his house and clean up his basement" sale. Of course new buyers get discounts, and PH have been giving things like the drum sequencer and Europa VST away for free lately. More Reason users means more PH developers and better updates.

And why does this community start yelling about DAW XYZ doing something Reason doesn't every thread? This place is more like KVR every day.

What is it you want from PH?
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

kitekrazy

18 Jul 2018

PSoames wrote:
18 Jul 2018
This reward system goes nowhere near satisfying my grossly over inflated and wholly unrealistic sense of entitlement.
Post of the week. I'm done with REs, hopefully VSTs. I need to make something with what I have.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

kitekrazy wrote:
18 Jul 2018

I need to make something with what I have.
here here...
fotizimo wrote:
18 Jul 2018
What is it you want from PH?
Personally I don't want new bells and whistles but I would like some old bells and whistles to be updated...

But it does seam like PH can't do anything right in a lot of peoples eyes when I think they have done a hell of lot right....

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Jul 2018
kitekrazy wrote:
18 Jul 2018

But it does seam like PH can't do anything right in a lot of peoples eyes when I think they have done a hell of lot right....
Agree. Only DAW I’ve ever used and the only one I ever will as far as I can see. I love it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

modecca

18 Jul 2018

9 of the 13 products are propellerheads, so this is an interesting method to spotlight their products.
Also I know if I was a developer I would pay $ to be on a highlighted list, despite a 50% discount, if the sales on my product were slowing down.
🔗💥

jam-s

18 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
18 Jul 2018
So, pretty much like the NI e-vouchers that cannot be used on anything interesting as well.

QVprod

18 Jul 2018

jam-s wrote:
18 Jul 2018
aeox wrote:
18 Jul 2018
So, pretty much like the NI e-vouchers that cannot be used on anything interesting as well.
Sure, except that reward points stack and can be used whenever you want (to redeem as vouchers) instead of limited time. :D

jimmyklane

18 Jul 2018

I was disappointed to learn that I cannot use my vouchers for the rear prop-shop, but other than that don't see a problem with the implementation.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Libraquaricorn

18 Jul 2018

If only they could have that Parsec update in the reward store. I would sure use my 50 points on that. I absolutely REFUSE to pay full price for that update.....but they keep on insisting.

bangaio

19 Jul 2018

I don’t feel entitled I just want them to announce that the sequencer and functionality of the program has been updated inline with modern approaches other software has I don’t want more devices, bundles, offers, subscriptions or rewards I just want a modern software approach the way reason felt modern when I first read about it on the props site back in 99/2000.

Ostermilk

19 Jul 2018

I signed up as I couldn't find the bit that said, I would eternally writhe in an agonising hell, if I did so.

Now I'm a bit worried. Have I done a silly thing?

• Information