Reason clip color

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tanni

15 Jul 2018

Hello,
I have always problems to choose the right clip color, because the colors in the drop down menu are different from the real clip colors in the Sequencer.
You can see it also on the jpg in my Attachment.
Maybe this is a special thing on my PC or do you have this also in your Reason ?
Im on Reason 10 and Windows 7 64bit
Attachments
Reason colours1.jpg
Reason colours1.jpg (321.67 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

Ahornberg

16 Jul 2018

Maybe that's a Windows 7 problem. I'm on WIndows 8.1 and the colors from the colorchooser menue match the clip colors.

Another problem is that on dark colors the text is always printed in black too and so it is difficult to read. It should be white on dark colors like in other DAWs. The same goes for white lines on bright colors.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2018

Been there as well, some of the colours are so close when looking at the drop down that I have to re-select every now and then as I have chosen the wrong one (even if it looked right).

tanni

16 Jul 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Jul 2018
Been there as well, some of the colours are so close when looking at the drop down that I have to re-select every now and then as I have chosen the wrong one (even if it looked right).
Are you on windows 7 ? What kind of system do you use ?

sublunar

16 Jul 2018

I had a similar problem. It's most likely because you're using a non-default/custom windows theme.

motuscott

16 Jul 2018

The Mandelbrot fractal track color makes my head hurt
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

tibah

16 Jul 2018

I'm on Windows 7 too and don't have this issue. For example, Bright Lime looks the same from the color selection and the color itself when used.
I was a huge Windows classic theme fan as well until I used Bitwig for a while and had to use Aero. Try it! ;)

Electric-Metal

16 Jul 2018

sublunar wrote:
16 Jul 2018
I had a similar problem. It's most likely because you're using a non-default/custom windows theme.
^^ What he says. I remember this being clarified here in a similar thread.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2018

tanni wrote:
16 Jul 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Jul 2018
Are you on windows 7 ? What kind of system do you use ?
Windows 7 and Windows 10..

tanni

17 Jul 2018

sublunar wrote:
16 Jul 2018
Huh, yes you are right ! That solves the problem....I change to the normal standard aero theme (I was on old windows classic non aero theme)
All colors are right now. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for help all.

• Information