editing slices, selecting next slice

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ejanuska

11 Jul 2018

Frequently when I'm editing a slice I want to edit another clip on the same track.
I can't seem to figure out how to easily get to the next clip .

Do I have to exit slice mode, select the other clip, and enter slice mode again?

Which leads the another question, are there a keyboard shortcuts to enter slice or comp modes? I couldn't seem to find them in the manual.

These are the kind of annoyances preventing me from upgrading from 9 to 10 and beyond.

selig
RE Developer

11 Jul 2018

ejanuska wrote:Frequently when I'm editing a slice I want to edit another clip on the same track.
I can't seem to figure out how to easily get to the next clip .

Do I have to exit slice mode, select the other clip, and enter slice mode again?

Which leads the another question, are there a keyboard shortcuts to enter slice or comp modes? I couldn't seem to find them in the manual.

These are the kind of annoyances preventing me from upgrading from 9 to 10 and beyond.
There are no shortcuts I’m aware of other than using escape to exit edit mode, using an arrow to move to the next/previous clip, then using command-E to enter edit mode on that clip

Yes, it’s frustrating, as it is with note clips as well. Your choice is to exit and re-enter slice mode, or join all clips and edit there (which defeats the purpose of clips IMO).

What I’d rather see for both slice editing and note editing, is to be able to edit all clips as “one” when in edit mode, and still have the individual clips (if you want them) when outside of edit mode.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information