10.1.2d1 released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

11 Jul 2018

I am sticking to steinberg & focusrite interfaces for a while.
Especially focusrites,
Last edited by Oquasec on 11 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jimmyklane

11 Jul 2018

xylyx wrote:
11 Jul 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
11 Jul 2018

It could be your interface. Couple of times on here I’ve seen behringer and tascam users with crackling and popping. Soon as they go to a different interface it’s fine. Sadly all interfaces (or at the least, drivers) aren’t made equal. Found this out when I went from a £120 UR44 to a £699 Studio Capture and suddenly my performance sucked at the same buffer and sample rate. Returned it and went back to the old interface and all is well. Any chance you can borrow one to test it? Or anywhere with a decent returns policy?
This is a relatively new interface and the reviews for it are positive overall. Was having the same problem with my previous interface, as well as the built in audio. The interface also works well with Studio One and other audio apps - it just appears to be Reason that is having the CPU issues. Anyway, I am going to buy a new computer and hopefully, this will be more than powerful enough to eliminate the problems...if it doesn't, then I guess I will have to wait for the next version of Reason to see if that helps and use Studio One in the meantime.
There’s a thread here discussing performance issues and it seems that OLDER computers are suffering far less than brand new ones. A worthwhile read if you’re thinking of upgrading just for Reason.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

xylyx

13 Jul 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
11 Jul 2018
xylyx wrote:
11 Jul 2018

This is a relatively new interface and the reviews for it are positive overall. Was having the same problem with my previous interface, as well as the built in audio. The interface also works well with Studio One and other audio apps - it just appears to be Reason that is having the CPU issues. Anyway, I am going to buy a new computer and hopefully, this will be more than powerful enough to eliminate the problems...if it doesn't, then I guess I will have to wait for the next version of Reason to see if that helps and use Studio One in the meantime.
There’s a thread here discussing performance issues and it seems that OLDER computers are suffering far less than brand new ones. A worthwhile read if you’re thinking of upgrading just for Reason.
I have kept an eye on most of the threads regarding performance, just in case a solution pops up that I haven't tried. I don't really have much of a choice, as Reason is not performing well on my current system, so I will see how it performs when I receive my new computer in a week or so. If Reason still doesn't function smoothly, then I will have to reluctantly move to something else - I have previously used Ableton Live and liked it, or even give Bitwig a more thorough look. Hopefully, it won't be necessary...

jlgrimes

16 Jul 2018

xylyx wrote:
13 Jul 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
11 Jul 2018

I have kept an eye on most of the threads regarding performance, just in case a solution pops up that I haven't tried. I don't really have much of a choice, as Reason is not performing well on my current system, so I will see how it performs when I receive my new computer in a week or so. If Reason still doesn't function smoothly, then I will have to reluctantly move to something else - I have previously used Ableton Live and liked it, or even give Bitwig a more thorough look. Hopefully, it won't be necessary...
It is sounding like Reason isn't doing good with lots of cores.

My guess is they are testing more with 4 cores or less.

They probably are very aware of these issues by now though and some of the fixes they are talking about pertains to this.

pinknoise

21 Jul 2018

Something weird is still going on with arpeggiation. The Korg Mono/Poly RE inserts extra notes if I play the sequence from the beginning, but it rights itself after the first loop. The same thing happens if I disable the Korg arpeggiator and replace it with Dual Arpeggio. Exported audio is fine.

• Information