help!! UPGRADED FROM REASON 4 to 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Pirate man

09 Jul 2018

I just upgraded to reason 10 from 4 and see that all of my instruments now appear on the mixer in a stereo channel. how do I fix this so they will all be on individual channels as they were in reason 4 ?

THANK U IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

QVprod

09 Jul 2018

The channels are routed to the 14:2 mixer (or 6:2) just as they were when you saved your song in version 4. Those settings are not automatically transferred to the new mixer. What you can do is disconnect devices from the 14:2 mixer, shift select all of them, then right click and select 'Auto-route Device' and it will create a new mix channel for every individual instrument. The downside is you'll have to re-adjust your mix manually.

Loque

09 Jul 2018

I never used R4, but i guess the SSL mixer came later. That means you used the 14:4 Mixer which is a rack device and now all your rack devices are connected to only one SSL mixer channel. You should still have all your 14:4 mixers in the rack.

If you want to change everything to SSL, you should know why you want to do this. If you are Sie you want to go that road, you need to create as many mix channels as 14:4 mix channels you used for mixing. Then create your send fx and map all setting and reconnect all devices... I would not do that. Your choice.
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

09 Jul 2018

I know where you're coming from. I remember upgrading from 3 to 7. The new SSL mixer is a bit of a shock to the system, no doubt.

My advice: Don't try to reroute your existing songs to the SSL until you're really familiar with the new concepts. Fact is, for now, your old songs should still work fine. Start some new projects and get used to the way things are routed for now.

Aosta

09 Jul 2018

Delete the 14:2 mixer in the rack, click edit and select all devices then edit autoroute device and all your devices in the rack will be assigned individual mixer tracks in the SSL mixer.
Tend the flame

EnochLight

09 Jul 2018

Pirate man wrote:
09 Jul 2018
I just upgraded to reason 10 from 4 and see that all of my instruments now appear on the mixer in a stereo channel. how do I fix this so they will all be on individual channels as they were in reason 4 ?

THANK U IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP
This tutorial was originally made for Record (which was originally Reason’s “companion DAW” before being permanently joined in 6.0), but it’s still relative today:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Pirate man

09 Jul 2018

I REALLY WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! ALL OF THE INFORMATIVE REPLIES WERE A GREAT HELP! IT IS GREAT TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE ON THIS COMMUNITY!!

sail on,
PiRaTeMaN

RandyEspoda

10 Jul 2018

Going from 4 to 10 in one go must be so cool!
Reading the manual to begin with though would get you going for sure,
simply because so many things have changed either added...

Have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !

jlgrimes

11 Jul 2018

RandyEspoda wrote:
10 Jul 2018
Going from 4 to 10 in one go must be so cool!
Reading the manual to begin with though would get you going for sure,
simply because so many things have changed either added...

Have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !
Alots changed since then.

Way more new devices, workflows, and concepts to grasp.

Go through the various Props video tutorials over the years.

I would even go through the promotional videos over the years to get an idea on what all was added.

• Information