Playback stops, and Reason 10 process hangs

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
oblikua

06 Jul 2018

Hi, guys.

I'm on R10(latest version), and on a specific song file, Reason just stops the playback, and if i click anywhere the process just hangs and stops responding. DSP is low, and if i start the playback at a different place, it just happens again sometime later, but it seems to happen always at the beggining of a new bar... Can't pinpoint any specific device, cos it seems to happen at different places, audio files don't seem corrupt, when i solo them they play normally, so i don't know what it is... I'm on a recent PC, Win10, Ryzen1600x cpu with 8Gb of RAM, and it didn't happen prior to the latest update. Any ideas?.. Thanks in advance.

EnochLight

06 Jul 2018

oblikua wrote:
06 Jul 2018
Hi, guys.

I'm on R10(latest version), and on a specific song file, Reason just stops the playback, and if i click anywhere the process just hangs and stops responding. DSP is low, and if i start the playback at a different place, it just happens again sometime later, but it seems to happen always at the beggining of a new bar... Can't pinpoint any specific device, cos it seems to happen at different places, audio files don't seem corrupt, when i solo them they play normally, so i don't know what it is... I'm on a recent PC, Win10, Ryzen1600x cpu with 8Gb of RAM, and it didn't happen prior to the latest update. Any ideas?.. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried unchecking/checking Hyperthreading in your Preferences? That said, Props are working on a bug fix that should be released soon - there were issues reported in other threads. Not sure if it will address your problem, though.

Have you reached out to tech support?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

06 Jul 2018

I bet on a VST device. Check your send fx. Remove every vst, just for testing. What bit rate are you using?
Reason12, Win10

oblikua

06 Jul 2018

Thanks for the quick replies. I've removed the vst's, only had one for mastering, but it didn't fix the problem. I'll try unchecking the hyperthreading option, and see if it helps. If not i'll contact PHeads support, and update this topic with any useful info. ☺

oblikua

06 Jul 2018

So, i don't know if it was the HyperThreading option (does it only work after restarting Reason?), or some bug with ASIO drivers, because i tried turning HT off and it didn't fix it immediatly, but afterwards i restarted Reason and changed from ASIO drivers to DirectX, and it worked. After playing the whole song with no problems i reverted back to ASIO, and the problem seems gone, even with HT on. So now i don't know what fixed it, but it's working. Thank you,guys. :) :thumbs_up:

friday

07 Jul 2018

Had some similar problems since the new update... Reason crashes in different situations... sometimes when i add a new device, but also when i change something when the dsp is high. The confusing thing is, that reason.exe is hanging, and i can not close the task with task manager. Need to reboot. Had it 5 times in about 4h. Need do do more testing to see if i can replicate it on other projects.

EnochLight

07 Jul 2018

oblikua wrote:
06 Jul 2018
So, i don't know if it was the HyperThreading option (does it only work after restarting Reason?), or some bug with ASIO drivers, because i tried turning HT off and it didn't fix it immediatly, but afterwards i restarted Reason and changed from ASIO drivers to DirectX, and it worked. After playing the whole song with no problems i reverted back to ASIO, and the problem seems gone, even with HT on. So now i don't know what fixed it, but it's working. Thank you,guys. :) :thumbs_up:
Good to hear! Glad to see you got things resolved.

Cheers
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

plasticfractal

07 Jul 2018

This is happening to me all the time since the latest update. I am using Windows 10, Reason version 10.1.1d14. Reason either hangs and I have to kill it, or it crashes Windows and I get the blue screen of death. In the update announcement thread they said they were aware of the issue and working on it, so I guess we just have to be patient. But it is very frustrating. These are the things that happen now, all the time, since the latest update:

1. Reason crashes into blue screen of death when it starts scanning VST folders.

2. Reason hangs when I open a song file, and I have to kill it.

3. Sometimes after (2), I open REason again, and get a notice that either a) my audio driver has stopped working, or b) some plugins failed to initialize. Closing and restarting Reason usually fixes that.

Some of the above happen to me every day since the update.

• Information