Reason 10.1.1 Update Released

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2018

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason ... ease-notes

Reason 10.1.1 / Reason 9.5.3 Release Notes
Fixed a bug where Reason could freeze for a couple of seconds under macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 when using Hyper Threading. Please note that when using Hyper Threading on High Sierra 10.13.4 you might still experience minor graphic glitches.
Fixed a bug where where the order of notes generated by Players could be different when playing and sending notes to track.

Loque

28 Jun 2018

Hum...i am wondering if my problems with the Arp Player is solved... :?
Reason12, Win10

rgdaniel

28 Jun 2018

So I downloaded the update, that was fine, it asked me then if I wanted to "restart and install" which is what I usually do (rather than "install later" or something. Reason quits and the install begins. Then it says "unable to rename Reason.exe" and refuses to continue. Choosing "Retry" repeats the error. No choice but to choose "Abort". Now Reason won't even launch. This is the first time a Reason install or update has been anything but uneventful and routine for me. Kind of concerned at this point, but haven't looked deeper yet. Just thought I'd mention it here first, in case anyone had an idea, or in case a word of warning was called for.

WillyOD

28 Jun 2018

rgdaniel, sounds like your Reason is running while you're trying to run the update. Kill Reason.exe through the Task Manager?
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

rgdaniel

28 Jun 2018

WillyOD wrote:
28 Jun 2018
rgdaniel, sounds like your Reason is running while you're trying to run the update. Kill Reason.exe through the Task Manager?
Thanks, but that ship has sailed I think. If Reason was still running it was because the installer process failed to shut it down properly. Now there's no sign of Reason.exe or anything like it (Reason.bak or something like that) anywhere on my hard drives.

Downloading the full 3.6 GB installer from the web site, going to try to reinstall I guess. Not sure what else I can do.

rgdaniel

28 Jun 2018

Okay, reinstalled from the downloaded full installer without incident, all my settings etc are in place... happy ending....

jlgrimes

28 Jun 2018

Despondo wrote:
28 Jun 2018
https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason ... ease-notes

Reason 10.1.1 / Reason 9.5.3 Release Notes
Fixed a bug where Reason could freeze for a couple of seconds under macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 when using Hyper Threading. Please note that when using Hyper Threading on High Sierra 10.13.4 you might still experience minor graphic glitches.
Fixed a bug where where the order of notes generated by Players could be different when playing and sending notes to track.
Good they are working on Bugfixes.

elMisse

28 Jun 2018

I'm a bit pissed off that the DualArp problem with patterns not starting from beginning as new midinotes begin still exists. :/
What kind of issue is the one they say they have fixed?

tiker01

28 Jun 2018

elMisse wrote:
28 Jun 2018
I'm a bit pissed off that the DualArp problem with patterns not starting from beginning as new midinotes begin still exists. :/
What kind of issue is the one they say they have fixed?
Ohh, I thought it is fixed. :(

Could you post an example project so others can double check?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

elMisse

28 Jun 2018

elMisse wrote:
28 Jun 2018
Could you post an example project so others can double check?
Sure :)
I dunno if everyone can understand the problem. It only happens if you loop a selection in sequencer.
First round goes as written, next round is not starting the pattern from beginning.
If you write it to sequencer, the (2nd example) in sequencer-window, it works as it should. But whenever you decide to listen a looped selection of your work, the pattern will mess up, and you are not listening to what you have written.
The polyrhythmic pattern is a relatively simple 6/8 shuffle over 2 x 4/4 bars.

Here is a link to the .reason-file for you to test it too:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16JZtg ... NwOSmtVznu

tibah

28 Jun 2018

Not to get into a discussion about how good PH is with fixing issues, but with the problem you mentioned it might be as easy as shortening the last (written) note of the loop with snap disabled just a bit to let the sequencer "get" that he should trigger again. This is an issue I also had in Bitwig and Studio One in the past in certain situations.

Catblack

29 Jun 2018

I've been having trouble with Reason hanging and not responding with this release. I had thought it was the song file, which used 5 or 6 Rostnomo and RND player pairs. But overall I'm seeing more higher DSP usage. I'm not sure what's going on, but I've tried a few other song files out and I'm definitely getting higher DSP usage the ONE time I've been able to open it today...
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

elMisse

29 Jun 2018

tibah wrote:
28 Jun 2018
Not to get into a discussion about how good PH is with fixing issues, but with the problem you mentioned it might be as easy as shortening the last (written) note of the loop with snap disabled just a bit to let the sequencer "get" that he should trigger again. This is an issue I also had in Bitwig and Studio One in the past in certain situations.
It's one of the first things PH support suggested, and it was already ruled out back then too :)

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

29 Jun 2018

Hey everyone, just to let you know we've received some reports of issues on Windows that we didn't see in our testing. We're investigating this right now.

Regarding the Players, the fix we included here was a general Player fix. For the curious, we have a system for how to order events that happen at exactly the same time in the sequencer. For example, if a chord happens the sequencer internally orders the note according to velocity, note number etc. The Players ordered things differently when receiving notes simultaneously which caused differences between the result of playing and sending to track. This is what we fixed. :)

Dual Arpeggio has a known issue that we're hoping to adress in a future patch, but it was not updated this time around.

zumBeispiel

29 Jun 2018

thanks Mattias for info and update
Last edited by zumBeispiel on 29 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Catblack

29 Jun 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Hey everyone, just to let you know we've received some reports of issues on Windows that we didn't see in our testing. We're investigating this right now.
I appreciate this.

I'm noticing that it seems to hang when I open a song file and then the file browser wants to go to the folder that the file had open last. But that never loads and the program doesn't respond. I had thought it was hanging due to the instruments in the song file not having enough CPU to instantiate, but now I'm thinking it's somehow hanging before the file browser can display where it was pointing to in the song file.

I restarted last night and everything seemed fine, but this morning I'm starting at a not responding window when I try to load a song file.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (51.5 KiB) Viewed 3366 times

Damn.

Oquasec

29 Jun 2018

Reason getting a Reason 9 update and a Reason 10 update at the same time is something I think is amazing.
But at the same time I'm not sure I should be surprised about that since all versions of Reason use the same thing.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

29 Jun 2018

Oquasec wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Reason getting a Reason 9 update and a Reason 10 update at the same time is something I think is amazing.
But at the same time I'm not sure I should be surprised about that since all versions of Reason use the same thing.
Actually, you should be surprised. ;) This is one of the rare times that Props have updated a previous version of Reason after a full version update has been released.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

29 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Oquasec wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Actually, you should be surprised. ;) This is one of the rare times that Props have updated a previous version of Reason after a full version update has been released.
Exactly...i was surprised.
Reason12, Win10

Catblack

29 Jun 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Is there a link to download he previous version? I'm also having it hang when I try to access the menus (file, edit, etc...)

Damn.

tiker01

29 Jun 2018

That is all I know of. It seems to point to the 9.5.3 zip though.

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/updates

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

kitekrazy

29 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Oquasec wrote:
29 Jun 2018
Kudos to Props for doing that. Few developers would tell you the fix will work by buying the upgrade.

Deep Schulzz

29 Jun 2018

Reason 10.1.1 crashed when I tried to change the vst version of Europa with the Europa Rack Extension version.
Seems to be something wrong with this update. Also reported this to the Propellerhead support.
Desktopscreenshot.jpg
Desktopscreenshot.jpg (287.55 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
Attachments
R10.1.1 Crash.jpg
R10.1.1 Crash.jpg (363.74 KiB) Viewed 3130 times

Breach The Sky

29 Jun 2018

I Also have problems whit freezing and crashing... Hope it gets fixed promptly!

Zac

29 Jun 2018

:shock: update for 9.5!. Zee ambassador is really spoiling us!
91QL47x2RoL._SY550_.jpg
91QL47x2RoL._SY550_.jpg (76.84 KiB) Viewed 3060 times

• Information