How to save Kong 16outputs as combi

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
grizelda

26 Jun 2018

hi friends

thanks to this awesome community!

i am having one little trouble- i have followed a youtube tutorial and made a kong with 16 outputs to 16 audio tracks so i can use and record each pad to separate channel and eq/fx on it as i wish.

my one problems when i try to combine the whole thing as a combi- when i then start a new project and drag the combi in, instead of get my kong with the 16 audio tracks all wired up and routed ready to go, i just get a combi with a kong and none of the audio track outputs or wires or anything! it is really frustrating me. i even download a patch from matt from reason experts (love that guy!) but even that does not open with all the audio tracks for me.

can anyone do a little bit of help please?

thanks you, so much

grizzy

dandandaaan

26 Jun 2018

I don't think this is possible I'm afraid - as far as I'm aware, mix channels can't be saved as part of a Combinator. When you save a combi patch, you are only saving the settings on the white combinator unit itself and of course any devices inside it.

You could save a new template though, and set it to be your default template whenever Reason starts. (Preferences > General > Default Song and choose it as a template)
singer/songwriter with electronic tendencies

http://pointsmusic.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/points_music

Logic / Ableton Live / Reason Rack / Nord Stage 2 / Moog Grandmother / Eurorack / Guitars, drums, toys

QVprod

26 Jun 2018

You can't save external routing within a combinator. Only routing to devices within the combinator gets saved with the patch. What you can do is save the Kong routing within a song and use that song as a template.You can do this in the file menu. Going to New from Template will give you an option to show the template folder where you can drag the song file you saved for the kong routing. You can also set that song file to be the default template in Reason's general preferences.

Ahornberg

27 Jun 2018

First set up the Kong and and all the connected mixer channels in a Reason song and save/close it for later usage.

Then in a new song or in a song you want to use the Kong you do the following:

* Open the song with your Kong and select the Kong in the Rack. You do not need to select the mixer channels, only the Kong.
* Right click on the Kong and select "Copy Devices and Tracks" from the popup menu.
* Go to your Reason song and right click in an empty space of the Rack.
* Select "Paste Devices and Tracks" from the popup menu.

The Kong and all connected mixer channels now are in your song.

This works with all devices and you can use one single Reason song to save multiple device combinations that go beyond what you can do with one Combinator. It's also possible to set up a number of pre-named and pre-colored audio or mixer channels to save a lot of boring work.

I use the "automation toolbox" song viewtopic.php?t=7262997 to store my device chains.

grizelda

27 Jun 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
27 Jun 2018
First set up the Kong and and all the connected mixer channels in a Reason song and save/close it for later usage.

* Open the song with your Kong and select the Kong in the Rack. You do not need to select the mixer channels, only the Kong.
* Right click on the Kong and select "Copy Devices and Tracks" from the popup menu.

This works with all devices and you can use one single Reason song to save multiple device combinations that go beyond what you can do with one Combinator. It's also possible to set up a number of pre-named and pre-colored audio or mixer channels to save a lot of boring work.

I use the "automation toolbox" song viewtopic.php?t=7262997 to store my device chains.
hey man!

yes this is great! idea. i am going to do this right now. i love this site there is so much brains for sharing good ideas and tips/tricks

thank you again!

grizelda

27 Jun 2018

QVprod wrote:
26 Jun 2018
You can't save external routing within a combinator. Only routing to devices within the combinator gets saved with the patch. What you can do is save the Kong routing within a song and use that song as a template.You can do this in the file menu. Going to New from Template will give you an option to show the template folder where you can drag the song file you saved for the kong routing. You can also set that song file to be the default template in Reason's general preferences.
thank u too much for sharing your tip QVP :)

grizelda

27 Jun 2018

dandandaaan wrote:
26 Jun 2018
I don't think this is possible I'm afraid - as far as I'm aware, mix channels can't be saved as part of a Combinator. When you save a combi patch, you are only saving the settings on the white combinator unit itself and of course any devices inside it.

You could save a new template though, and set it to be your default template whenever Reason starts. (Preferences > General > Default Song and choose it as a template)
thanks for the great advice again dan :thumbs_up:

Ahornberg

27 Jun 2018

grizelda wrote:
27 Jun 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
27 Jun 2018

hey man!

yes this is great! idea. i am going to do this right now. i love this site there is so much brains for sharing good ideas and tips/tricks

thank you again!
Thank you for your question!
You forced me to think of a soultion to a problem I lived with for a long time.

• Information