What features are REALLY necessary for Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mon

21 Jun 2018

One more thing. Shift/rotate notes within clips so when the notes leave from the right side (end) of the clip they reappear from the left side (beginning) of the clip and vice verse. It may seems like a small improvement but at the same time opens great variations possibilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

BananaSkins

21 Jun 2018

1. Midi Out
2. Track Freeze
3. Time-Code window
4. Markers
5. Lyrics Tab Window
6. Option to automatically play exported audio
7. Export as Mp3
8. If more than 1 instances of Reason are open, make the dormant ones use a lot less CPU
9. oh yeah! MIDI OUT! MIDI OUT! MIDI OUT!

NekujaK

21 Jun 2018

If I really think hard about what would impact my day-to-day use of Reason the most, it's quite simply BETTER PERFORMANCE.

All the other features mentioned here are great, not to mention my own personal list of enhancements, and I would love to see all of them implemented in Reason, but I would happily sacrifice every single one in favor of getting significantly better performance. Because right now, it's Reason's poor performance that's forcing me to consider a different DAW, and that's unfortunate, because I pretty much love everything else about Reason :|
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

kitekrazy

21 Jun 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2018
Massiv sequencer enhancements, sample editing, Combinator and modular improvements.

And seriously not more content.
Allow to put content on another drive,none of that makelink stuff. Other DAWs do this. Reason 10 takes up 10gb. I don't buy any sampled based REs because of this.

kuhliloach

21 Jun 2018

1. midi "learn" on every single pad and key in Reason instruments (hi KONG)
2. hi-res user interface (been too chunky for too long)
3. advanced sequencer overhaul for midi editing (curves too)
4. a little guy. (who can run, jump, swing from vines, and teach you about all things Reason in a smooth Italian accent, hammer that breaks things a plus)

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2018

Lets see what the people had to say! :D https://www.facebook.com/groups/1367297130024063/
Attachments
1.png
1.png (47.78 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
2.png
2.png (40.49 KiB) Viewed 3696 times

antic604

21 Jun 2018

makke wrote:
21 Jun 2018
Double click to knobs = reset default.
CTRL+click does this

groggy1

21 Jun 2018

Undistraction wrote:
21 Jun 2018
I would love to be able to copy a clip to multiple places and by editing one clip, edit all the copies.
I can't believe I left this one off my list! -YES, YES!!!

I come from Sonar (years ago), and this is the one feature that was hardest to say goodbye to. There's just something so nice about being able to create a simple pattern and then repeat it in the sequencer.

Blocks doesn't quite cut it (it's not the same thing exactly).

In addition to supporting "linked clips", Sonar also had a nice variation to it: You could take a single clip, and just drag it out to the right, and the pattern in your clip would automatically repeat.

Now I'm getting sad, and missed Sonar for a moment... :(
(But just a short moment...)

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Jun 2018
1. midi "learn" on every single pad and key in Reason instruments (hi KONG)
This plus big improvements to VST performance = Take my money.

deniscratch

22 Jun 2018

I would like to improve the workflow!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

guitfnky

22 Jun 2018

-multiple markers
-punch in/out
-have a short buffer always recording on armed tracks so when I start recording, if my first note is slightly ahead of the beat, I can still keep it by dragging the clip resize slightly left (as opposed to having to re-record, or always doing a manual pre-roll)
-note cleanup settings in the F8 tools, to easily remove duplicate notes, etc.
-allow for proper overwriteable MIDI loop recording, so if I set my loop markers and keep recording, each new loop overwrites the existing info, instead of stacking it
-update multiple track settings/faders simultaneously, without having to create a new bus
-better spectrum analyzer
-everything else that’s already been said 😬
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

RobBarnett

22 Jun 2018

Replicate the code used to draw envelopes in Europe and Grain into the automation lane to replace the dot to dot line drawing

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2018

RobBarnett wrote:
22 Jun 2018
Replicate the code used to draw envelopes in Europe and Grain into the automation lane to replace the dot to dot line drawing
What do you mean? The automation drawing is fine IMO, I think everyone just wants bezier curves

concatenate

22 Jun 2018

I might be asking too much for the next version, but I think there are several things that could help.

Things I think they have to add for general use:

* Enable a dynamic grid on the sequencer. Also that the snap function includes both absolute and relative snapping
(all this as an option, of course).

* Time selection within a clip (selecting the exact area instead of the whole clip) and a keyboard shourtcut to trim.

* The ability to adjust how many autogenerated slices are created with a threshold parameter, like in ReCycle.

* More outs for VSTs. I find myself a bit limited with 16 when I use superior drummer, for example, but that's just in my case, not a big thing to deal with.

* Considering the case of using two screens, allow vertical alignment, at least, between mixer and rack views. It's very annoying to have to adjust every view when you could have the rack on the left and the mixer on the right in one screen and the sequencer in the other.

Also, the things I WOULD LIKE to see

* A new chorus/flanger rack effect, just like the CF-101, but with more features, something similar to Waves MetaFlanger

* A multiband compressor (kinda like Ozone has), also included

* A parametric EQ with more bands. I know the EQ in the SSL is an emulation, but that would help to shape the sound better in some cases. If not in the mixer, then as another rack effect or improving MClass EQ

* ReCycle (or it's features) embedded in Reason... yeah. First because there are flaws on how the sound is mapped and in some cases things nedd to be done manually, and second, because it's time for that to happen. Not saying that ReCycle is useless but after a lot of versions with audio support I think it's a move that had to be done a lot earlier to save time and add flexibility when using REX.

MusicianX

23 Jun 2018

1. update the gui of all the stock devices
2. Combinator with more knobs
3. automation bezier curves
4. move multiple mixer faders (long overdue)
5. The ability to save patches with routings such as kong or redrum routed to separate mix channels
6. Folder tracks in the sequencer and rack
7. Further zoom in/out
8. Chop audio on the fly
9. Everything everyone else said as well

Matt van K

23 Jun 2018

More RE. I would like to see Vemberaudio Surge or a real VST Modular inside the Rack.

friday

23 Jun 2018

_ Curves for automation
_ VST performance

manisnotabird

23 Jun 2018

One to many CV a la Reaktor or u-he Bazille or stackable cables in hardware Eurorack. A Kong 2 incorporating many of the features of Umpf: three inserts per drum voice, several (internal) sends, new distortion, bit crusher, more reverb options, and maybe even some new drum synths, plus LFOs and envelopes per voice. Scream 5 with upgraded algorithms. Thor 2 with new filters, new oscillators (a nano NN-XT "oscillator" would be cool), plus random and latched sources in the mod matrix.

electrofux

23 Jun 2018

Clip Launcher
VST Midi
Remote update (browsing from Remote, Rack Navigation from the controller, support for pattern based Res like the new Drumsequencer)

guitfnky

23 Jun 2018

aeox wrote:
22 Jun 2018
RobBarnett wrote:
22 Jun 2018
What do you mean? The automation drawing is fine IMO, I think everyone just wants bezier curves
could be wrong, but I think that's what he means; the way you can draw/drag envelopes in those Rack Extensions allows for you to easily make your own curves. I think he means to augment the existing draw functionality, rather than replacing it.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

aeox
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2018

guitfnky wrote:
23 Jun 2018
aeox wrote:
22 Jun 2018

could be wrong, but I think that's what he means; the way you can draw/drag envelopes in those Rack Extensions allows for you to easily make your own curves. I think he means to augment the existing draw functionality, rather than replacing it.
Oh I see!

scratchnsnifff

25 Jun 2018

I’m glad to see a decent number of people voted for the combinator in that poll.

My only thing about it, is that I hope it doesn’t just get more knobs, the amount of parameters in even the stock synths overwhelms the matrix slots per device. Ever since Thor and now that’s especially the case with Europa.

I really hope that If the combinator gets touched, that we see not only a few extra macro knobs and buttons but more matrix slots and maybe velocity and a randomizer for a source.

Currently the combinator has crazy possibilities, but once you add in an expanse, Thor, Europa or a rob papen synth. It becomes difficult to choose what knobs to macro.

Not sure how hard it would be to add double the matrix slots per device, or more knobs

Now that I think of it. It would be nice to see a combinator build kit. Where the user can choose how many knobs, matrix slots, buttons, and CV ins. I don’t know how viable this idea is, but i do actually need a combinator update to settle my OCD when programming stacked patches :p
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

ltbrunt00

25 Jun 2018

I would like to have

1. Zooming in and out in the Track and sequencer windows with the scroll wheel on the mouse.
2. Being able to select the individual note date from multiple clips at once.
3. Muting individual notes in a clip.
4.Overall similar features in the sequencer comparable to Studio one 3&4.
5. Largely do not change how automation works. I prefer reasons implementation of automation compared to Studio One or Bitwig.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

antic604

25 Jun 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
25 Jun 2018
1. Zooming in and out in the Track and sequencer windows with the scroll wheel on the mouse.
Have you tried this while holding CTRL key?

Ahornberg

25 Jun 2018

Changing the Combinator implies changing the Mixer as well. Every Mixer channel has a built-in Combinator.

• Information