Sweetspots

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

18 Jun 2018

Mostly mixing means you hear your music and try to find the sweetspot settings by mixing your tracks as accurately as possible, but ... it's hard as 0,01 db more highend with an EQ is still not oftenly making it flawless. Then you give up and make another track and the same formula happens again. The Old-school audio was less detailed but more forgiven.

antic604

18 Jun 2018

deepndark wrote:
18 Jun 2018
Mostly mixing means you hear your music and try to find the sweetspot settings by mixing your tracks as accurately as possible, but ... it's hard as 0,01 db more highend with an EQ is still not oftenly making it flawless. Then you give up and make another track and the same formula happens again. The Old-school audio was less detailed but more forgiven.
Is this a stealth criticism that we can't click a parameter and enter precise values with the keyboard? ;)

Because if you're truly complaining that moving the EQ by 0.01dB takes you from "too little" to "too much", then you either have bat/dog hearing or are delusional ;) :P

deepndark

19 Jun 2018

antic604 wrote:
18 Jun 2018
deepndark wrote:
18 Jun 2018
Is this a stealth criticism that we can't click a parameter and enter precise values with the keyboard? ;)

Because if you're truly complaining that moving the EQ by 0.01dB takes you from "too little" to "too much", then you either have bat/dog hearing or are delusional ;) :P
Actually I'd like even a more precise micro-fine-tuning than shift offers. I wouldn't use entering values as I wouldn't even know how a specific value sounds, so - I'd rather just like to have shift + some other key combo that allows even a more detailed micro-tuning than what pressing shift currently allows. A knob works better then entering values as you can quickly turn stuff and hear. Enetering values is lottery.

jlgrimes

20 Jun 2018

deepndark wrote:
18 Jun 2018
I think it helps using mixbus compression and maybe a little saturation on mixbus.

Mixing without master bus compression can be a little clincal.

• Information